• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Whoa whoa whoa. You can't expect 100 senators to do their job and keep their oath of office. They need plenty of time to lick their finger, hold it up, and see which way the window is blowing.

Not just their oath of office, but a second oath to be fair and impartial.

Ol Moscow is gonna have this thing wrapped up as soon as is humanly possible

So far as I’m aware, there aren’t any, subject to the two caveats below. The dems made a strategic decision to forgo the courts to compel subpoenas.

1. Kupperman sued and Dems withdrew the subpoena. I believe case may still technically be active, but without the dems pushing it it will likely be dismissed as moot.

2. The McGahn subpoena was issued before the impeachment inquiry. I haven’t read the briefing, but, considering this fact, I doubt the dems’ lawyers have been strenuously pushing the exigency argument.

The Dems likely made the decision to not wait because the evidence is so clear from the witnesses who have testified. Rather than waiting 5 months or so when people are focused on something else and have lost memory for this affair, they decided to move quickly.

The evidence is overwhelmingly clear that Trump held up congressionally approved aid to an ally to create dirt on Biden. Note that I said "create" rather than "dig up" because the announcement of the investigation was dirt itself. Trump was unconcerned with whether there was truth beyond the investigation.

Bolton's testimony would have been dramatic no doubt, but it wasn't going to change these simple facts.

The Dems likely made the decision to not wait because the evidence is so clear from the witnesses who have testified. Rather than waiting 5 months or so when people are focused on something else and have lost memory for this affair, they decided to move quickly.

The evidence is overwhelmingly clear that Trump held up congressionally approved aid to an ally to create dirt on Biden. Note that I said "create" rather than "dig up" because the announcement of the investigation was dirt itself. Trump was unconcerned with whether there was truth beyond the investigation.

Bolton's testimony would have been dramatic no doubt, but it wasn't going to change these simple facts.

Junebug dont you think the evidence and testimony they got already was convincing enough? Bolton testimony would have changed nothing. Hell even Trump testimony confirming all the facts of the case would change nothing.

Junebug dont you think the evidence and testimony they got already was convincing enough? Bolton testimony would have changed nothing. Hell even Trump testimony confirming all the facts of the case would change nothing.

And Rudy is still openly pursuing the scheme.

I don't think it's a massive risk for Dem reps who got elected because Trump sucks to vote to impeach Trump.

I don't think it's a massive risk for Dem reps who got elected because Trump sucks to vote to impeach Trump.

It is now considered a profile in courage to get elected in a competitive district and then consider what's best for your country and constituents when making decisions that could affect your electability.

Every time, you don't think Trump can get batshit crazier than he has been, he proves us wrong. REALLY, REALLY WRONG!

A drunken, tripping frat boy would be of sounder mind.

Back