• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

No it isn’t. Read the White House memo. They aren’t going to be swayed by a disgruntled Bolton who just wants to get back at the President that fired him. Bolton is out now.

The evidence is inexorably in favor of impeachment but we are going to ignore it because the Dems should have to wait (for more of the exact same testimony)? You aren’t making reasonable arguments.

You should post more here. Good post.

Any objective person looking at that letter would conclude that the author was a paranoid nutcase and a deeply unbalanced individual, period. The fact that 40 to 45% of Americans don't clearly see that, but instead adore him with a cult-like reverence and devotion, is frightening, or ought to be. And once the Senate lets him off the hook he's going to be more dangerous and unhinged than ever, because like a typical bully he'll realize that there is no one who is going to stop him, and so he'll just keep pushing the limits as far as he can take them. And for Republicans there apparently are no limits, and nothing they won't excuse or wave away or just ignore.

today's the day where congressmen and congresswomen can stand up and do the right thing, even if it costs them votes in their home state, or be sychophantic boot lickers. History and grandchildren will one day note how each member voted. My SC rep Joe Wilson will not go down in history as a brave man who put the interests of his country first.

today's the day where congressmen and congresswomen can stand up and do the right thing, even if it costs them votes in their home state, or be sychophantic boot lickers. History and grandchildren will one day note how each member voted. My SC rep Joe Wilson will not go down in history as a brave man who put the interests of his country first.

History won’t remember most of those names. Who voted to impeach Johnson? Clinton? Most members of Congress will be occasional blips of a Wikipedia black hole search.

Any objective person looking at that letter would conclude that the author was a paranoid nutcase and a deeply unbalanced individual, period. The fact that 40 to 45% of Americans don't clearly see that, but instead adore him with a cult-like reverence and devotion, is frightening, or ought to be. And once the Senate lets him off the hook he's going to be more dangerous and unhinged than ever, because like a typical bully he'll realize that there is no one who is going to stop him, and so he'll just keep pushing the limits as far as he can take them. And for Republicans there apparently are no limits, and nothing they won't excuse or wave away or just ignore.

Yes, this is terrifying.

In other words, we're fucked.

So is today just a chance for people who weren’t on the two committees to get their chance to say the same thing that was said in the committees?

Why are the Republicans holding onto their time?

In other words, we're fucked.

Yup. EV-com had a piece today on the potential senators who may stray from their party in this vote. The only Dem they listed who I think may seriously vote to acquit is Manchin (they also listed Jones and Sinema). They listed a bunch of Pubs who are either up for re-election in 2020 in purple states, folks who aren't up till 2024 and others for various reasons. Of that group, only 4 stood out to me as realistic potential defections - Romney, Murkowski, Collins and Gardner. And I ain't gonna hold my breath for any of those.

It would be great if the retiring Lamar Alexander would show some balls and do the right thing. He and Romney have absolutely nothing to lose.

Back