• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

You can debate his work load, but not recognizing him as someone who does a lot for his school, his community, and his family as a sociology professor is inhumane. So if you really feel like you want to get into that now please come see me at any Wake sporting event in the future so I can break your fucking face, arms, etc.

Hard to believe that in 2020 a grown man criticized another grown man for working away from his office.

Bolton revelations:
1. There was a quid pro quo.
2. Trump is making personal side deals with foreign leaders.
3. Trump improperly fired Marie Ivanovich.

Lindsey Graham's question- Is it remotely possible that there will ever be a better, more successful, more honest POTUS than Donald John Trump?

Bolton revelations:
1. There was a quid pro quo.
2. Trump is making personal side deals with foreign leaders.
3. Trump improperly fired Marie Ivanovich.

No biggie. Everybody does it. It would be an injustice if Trump wasn't allowed to keep doing it for about 24% of his term. We need to let the voters decide if the president should be able to mess with the election that would allow them to decide.

That is beautiful in the scope of bullshitting required to make that argument.

GOP defense logic: If Trump shot someone on 5th Avenue he would not be charged with murder bc in his mind he was doing it for the best interest of the country
"it is not illegal if the President does it"

GOP defense logic: If Trump shot someone on 5th Avenue he would not be charged with murder bc in his mind he was doing it for the best interest of the country
"it is not illegal if the President does it"

They really have no new ideas.

When I identified as a conservative many years ago, before the GOP went crazy, I could never conceive that "small government" conservatives would ever agree with the notion that the Executive can do whatever the hell it wants as long as the President thinks it will get him re-elected. It is hard for me to believe that anyone with even a passing acquaintance with the ideals of the Founders would respond to such a notion with anything short of outright incredulity and condemnation, much less the party that claims to be in favor of a limited government and individual freedom. And yet here we are.

When I identified as a conservative many years ago, before the GOP went crazy, I could never conceive that "small government" conservatives would ever agree with the notion that the Executive can do whatever the hell it wants as long as the President thinks it will get him re-elected. It is hard for me to believe that anyone with even a passing acquaintance with the ideals of the Founders would respond to such a notion with anything short of outright incredulity and condemnation, much less the party that claims to be in favor of a limited government and individual freedom. And yet here we are.

i mean, board conservatives wouldn't even agree with that notion, like, 9 months ago

To say nothing of "Libertarians" like Rand Paul.

Back