• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/0...lower-changes-raises-explosive-new-questions/

On Monday, the intelligence community inspector general (ICIG) admitted that it did alter its forms and policies governing whistleblower complaints, and that it did so in response to the anti-Trump complaint filed on Aug. 12, 2019. The Federalist first reported the sudden changes last Friday. While many in the media falsely claimed the ICIG’s stunning admission debunked The Federalist’s report, the admission from the ICIG completely affirmed the reporting on the secretive change to whistleblower rules following the filing of an anti-Trump complaint in August.

The ICIG also disclosed for the first time that the anti-Trump complainant filed his complaint using the previously authorized form, the guidance for which explicitly stated the ICIG’s previous requirement for firsthand evidence for credible complaints. The Federalist reported last week that it was not known which form, if any, the complainant used, as the complaint that was declassified and released to the public last week was written as a letter to the two chairmen of the congressional intelligence committees.

Impeachment is coming, delaying the inevitable seems to be the Republican strategy, but they should just rip the band-aid off. All those people committing obstruction should receive the harshest punishment allowed by law. When will elected government officials remember they represent this country's citizens and not themselves?

They’ve convinced themselves that representing their interest is in the country’s interest.

Not sure that’s true. I just don’t think they give a fuck about “them”.

Some do. Some don't. Doesn't really matter. Every shred of conservative "thought" is geared toward cutting taxes for the wealthy with the idea that it benefits the broader society. How do you help low income communities? Give them money? Improve school? No. Opportunity zones to make it easier for wealthy people to make money there.

Impeachment is coming, delaying the inevitable seems to be the Republican strategy, but they should just rip the band-aid off. All those people committing obstruction should receive the harshest punishment allowed by law. When will elected government officials remember they represent this country's citizens and not themselves?

Given that its virtually inevitable, the GOP should want to move impeachment as quickly as possible. They should want a vote next week and then beaten in the Senate by Halloween. They should want it over and out of peoples' minds. If they delay it, the hearings, etc., would happen next year when people are paying attention to politics.

Rudy is threatening to sue Congress if they go forward with impeachment.

I think the problem is they are representing their citizens. Their citizens love Trump and don't believe in this stuff. Going against Trump as a Republican has been a death knell.

Pelosi is boxing Trump in again. She is saying she's about to pass a RX price control bill but that POTUS said it was either stop impeachment or get RX bill. She's also talking about the new NAFTA and infrastructure. She's taking away the GOP talking point about stopping about the House doing nothing other than investigating Trump.

I'm not a huge fan of Pelosi, but her talents are undeniable.

I think the problem is they are representing their citizens. Their citizens love Trump and don't believe in this stuff. Going against Trump as a Republican has been a death knell.

This. Trump's favorable ratings are still in the 41-42% range and 85%+ with Pubs. I don't see a noticeable difference in those polls from the last 2 weeks versus the polls before the Ukraine story hit. If anyone's poll #s have dipped last week and this week, it's Biden's. What a great country we live in.

I agree that it's self interest on the part of many politicians. It just so happens that they are also able to ride the wave of tribalism that has exploded over the last 20 years. The republicans have successfully ridden that very successfully while pandering to their base with blatant lies and thise voters are all to happy to take up the chant with little effort to actually pay attention. Or maybe that's pay attention to the "wrong" sources.

Trump is losing his shit about Schiff to the press in the Oval Office. He's alleging Schiff made up the conversation in spite of the fact that Schiff has only used the words the WH produced.

"Schiff couldn't carry Pompeyeo's "blank" strap."

Trump is really over the edge.

As an aside, with all the talk of moats, gators and snakes, I'm wondering if either Jon Stewart or Samuel L. Jackson is somehow scripting this.

I particularly enjoyed the mental image of gators all along the desert border from CA to AZ to NM to west TX. And exactly how were we going to fill those moats with water? Though I could get behind a campaign to take all the water moccasins from the southeast and dropping them off into any desert.

I particularly enjoyed the mental image of gators all along the desert border from CA to AZ to NM to west TX. And exactly how were we going to fill those moats with water? Though I could get behind a campaign to take all the water moccasins from the southeast and dropping them off into any desert.

Trump will steal all the water going to CA from the Colorado River. BUT, he'll get the people who built the fountains at The Bellagio to build water system for his moat. They somehow reuse the water and reclaim it.

Back