• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

I've not met any foreigners doing business in Ukraine since the fall of the USSR, who did not privately admit to being involved in corruption. That's just the way Ukraine works. So, as far as I am concerned, any westerner doing business there is suspect by definition.

That's what you're going with ?

NPR had a good piece this morning basically explaining that there are QPQs all the time in diplomacy, but usually they have to do with tariffs, building military bases, etc. So it's what was asked for. What Biden asked for fell in line with the US's foreign policy at the time whereas what Trump was doing was for personal political game. That's the key difference that is getting overlooked.

I heard this story too. It was really well done.

I've not met any foreigners doing business in Ukraine since the fall of the USSR, who did not privately admit to being involved in corruption. That's just the way Ukraine works. So, as far as I am concerned, any westerner doing business there is suspect by definition.

Neither have I. (I know as many people as sailor knows doing business in the Ukraine)

In other, more obvious news, sailor hangs with corrupt people that don't mind getting dirty to make a buck.

Lol.

These "business people" sailor has "met" but did not "hang with" freely disclosed that they were involved in corruption.

only if you desire to misunderstand, especially if you are motivated to misunderstand in order to smear

You admitted to knowing them well enough that they privately admit to you to engaging in illegal activity. That’s not the kind of private confidence that arises from meeting someone once on a public bus.

Lol.

These "business people" sailor has "met" but did not "hang with" freely disclosed that they were involved in corruption.

yeah, they did; the unavoidable corruption in Ukraine was quite openly talked about in this part of the world

why don't y'all run along and stop posting about things you don't know anything about

“Good to meet you, sailor. Name’s Jim Thompson from Dubuque. In Iowa. CEO of Thompson Plastics. Headed to Ukraine to do some corruption. How about you?”

“Excuse me sir, do you have the time? I don’t want to be late to my meeting for planning corrupt activities in the Ukraine!”

Back