• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

LIndsay Graham is a disgrace and a total coward. Whatever good he might have done earlier in his career will be lost to history as America will only remember him as a sniveling sycophant . Shinebox Lindsay.

Lindsey should just fucking resign if he’s going to refuse to do his job.

He’s not doing anything different that every single other republican in the senate. People just know his name. Republicans fall in line. It’s a tale as old as time. Every knee is bent.

Graham is getting dangerously close to the infamous statement by Ohio GOP Congressman Earl Landgrebe during the Watergate Scandal. Landgrebe, who was as blindly loyal to Nixon as Graham has been to Trump, was asked about the Watergate scandal and hearings by a reporter. His reply? "Don't confuse me with the facts. I've got a closed mind. I'm going to stick with my President even if he and I have to be taken out of this building and shot." Nixon resigned the next day, and Landgrebe was voted out of office that November. It appears that the entire Republican Party has become a bunch of Landgrebes.

Graham is getting dangerously close to the infamous statement by Ohio GOP Congressman Earl Landgrebe during the Watergate Scandal. Landgrebe, who was as blindly loyal to Nixon as Graham has been to Trump, was asked about the Watergate scandal and hearings by a reporter. His reply? "Don't confuse me with the facts. I've got a closed mind. I'm going to stick with my President even if he and I have to be taken out of this building and shot." Nixon resigned the next day, and Landgrebe was voted out of office that November. It appears that the entire Republican Party has become a bunch of Landgrebes.

Fake news.

Landgrebe was from Indiana.

Last edited:

Yes, they have. However, this is also no longer 1974. In 1974, Walter Cronkite was still on the air, Barry Goldwater was there to tell Nixon to hang it up, and cable news didn't exist. Today, Pub pols are mostly in danger of losing reelection if they buck Trump rather than back him. And I go back to the time last year that Geraldo Rivera told Hannity on Hannity's show that, had he and Fox been around back in 1974, Nixon wouldn't have been forced to resign. Hannity agreed with him. So do I. And even if we vote Trump out next year, I think we're more likely to get another demagogue in 2024 than we are a more traditional Pub like a Sasse or Romney. People like Trump, Hannity, Dobbs, Ingraham and Carlson have the Pub base riled and rabid.

House GOP eyes committee shake-up ahead of Trump impeachment hearings

According to three Republicans familiar with the talks but not authorized to comment publicly, McCarthy (R-Calif.) is considering placing Jordan on the panel, as well as others — such as Reps. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) and Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.), who have been involved in the depositions but do not sit on the Intelligence Committee.

The top Republican on the Intelligence Committee, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), has taken a relatively minor role in the closed-door proceedings, yielding the vast majority of the questioning to Jordan and his aides.

Matt Sparks, a McCarthy spokesman, confirmed comments that McCarthy made Tuesday to Politico indicating that he planned to “make adjustments to that committee accordingly, for a short period of time” during the impeachment proceedings. Sparks said Nunes would remain the top Republican in any scenario.

Any such move is likely to please Trump, who wants Jordan in particular “more involved” in his defense on Capitol Hill as one of his strong public defenders, according to a senior administration official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to candidly describe the president’s thinking.

Republicans are determined to make this into a circus. (Although Gaetz must feel left out.)

He’s not doing anything different that every single other republican in the senate. People just know his name. Republicans fall in line. It’s a tale as old as time. Every knee is bent.

nah he's the cuntiest about it with his feigned outrage spittle all over his tie

If it's too corrupt for Barr to defend, that tells you something.

Senate discussing investigating the Bidens as part of impeachment trial.

Meanwhile, Jared and Ivanka work in the White House and made $3.8 million per month last year.

House GOP looks to protect Trump by raising doubts about motives of his deputies

House Republicans’ latest plan to shield President Trump from impeachment is to focus on at least three deputies — U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, Trump’s lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, and possibly acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney — who they say could have acted on their own to influence Ukraine policy.

All three occupy a special place in the Ukraine narrative as the people in most direct contact with Trump. As Republicans argue that most of the testimony against Trump is based on faulty secondhand information, they are sowing doubts about whether Sondland, Giuliani and Mulvaney were actually representing the president or freelancing to pursue their own agendas. The GOP is effectively offering up the three to be fall guys.

Since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) initiated the impeachment inquiry Sept. 24, congressional Republicans have struggled to come up with a consistent and coherent explanation for why Trump tried to coerce a foreign leader to investigate the president’s domestic political rivals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...a14efa-0173-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

Back