• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Commits to Wake

Great job on putting this thread together with links and videos of our newest prized recruit! Can always count on this crew.

So it must be asked: Danny Manning, HANG IT??

Wow. It's crucial to hit the recruiting ground running as a new coach, especially when we all know we're gonna struggle this year, and the jury was out on this year's freshmen. Nabbing 2 4*s at PG and C was exactly what needed to happen with this class, and Manning came through. It also generates good momentum going into next year's recruiting when we're going to have a huge class. I still can't say I'm overly excited about this season, but this has me feeling a lot better for our hoops future.

I personally don't see the Tony Woods resemblance. Tony was a good shot blocker, rebounder, dunker, etc... but he was anything but smooth and coordinated with the ball. He couldn't knock down a jumper to save his life and was a terrible passer.

Moore looks like he's a basketball player, not just a big man. I'm pumped about this one and if we get Collins and can stay healthy, 2015-2016 WF basketball team is a tourney team. Go Deacs!

The only similarities between Woods and Moore are that they are both about 7' tall, black and committed to Wake.

Home skillet can ball. He's what Danny Manning looked like in high school. Those two should work together well. Great job coach!

Looks like he has a decent frame and could put some more size on him if need be (although he may not need it)

IMO, DM will have this guy a beast in a couple of years!

Looks like he has a decent frame and could put some more size on him if need be (although he may not need it)

Oh, he needs it bad IMHO. That's the one weakness I see that he'll need to work on over the next few years. He's 7 ft. and 230 soaking wet. If he were say, 270 and could still move up and down the court, whoa...

270 might be a bit much. 250 or so would be really good.

The only similarities between Woods and Moore are that they are both about 7' tall, black and committed to Wake.

I thought of the Tony Woods comparison after the first video I saw (which I think was the first one above), where they only showed blocked shots and dunks, but the other videos show that he can hit a jump shoot, and does look smooth with the ball (smooth being an adjective I never would have used to describe Woods).

Oh, he needs it bad IMHO. That's the one weakness I see that he'll need to work on over the next few years. He's 7 ft. and 230 soaking wet. If he were say, 270 and could still move up and down the court, whoa...

He looks like most 7 footers do at that age, perhaps a little bigger.

Agree with this. He looks pretty solid for his age. I also don't think we will try to add too much weight to his frame. Maybe 15 more pounds?

Yeah, and that's not a bad thing. But, over the next two years he'll need to add some significant bulk. That's the one thing missing right now and should be ble to be achieved with a strength/conditioning program for someone that big...

Agree with this. He looks pretty solid for his age. I also don't think we will try to add too much weight to his frame. Maybe 15 more pounds?

7' 245 lb. is a little light. I would guess it will be more like 25-30 lbs. that he could add on and still keep his athleticism. Danny has said we're going to be an inside/out offensively minded team, so that's what makes me think we're going to want to add significant muscle to him. Don't get me wrong, he's a big guy and looks solid for his age but over the course of the next 1.5-2 years I think bulking up will be a focus for him.

Back