• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Commits to Wake

I personally don't see the Tony Woods resemblance. Tony was a good shot blocker, rebounder, dunker, etc... but he was anything but smooth and coordinated with the ball. He couldn't knock down a jumper to save his life and was a terrible passer.

Moore looks like he's a basketball player, not just a big man. I'm pumped about this one and if we get Collins and can stay healthy, 2015-2016 WF basketball team is a tourney team. Go Deacs!
I thought it was a strange comparison as well, Woods was the opposite of coordinated - he couldn't put the ball on the floor without traveling.

I thought it was a strange comparison as well, Woods was the opposite of coordinated - he couldn't put the ball on the floor without traveling.

And hand Roberto Duran-esque hands. Moore has very good hands.

Also important that Doral is playing at Monteverde this season for Boyle. Much better schedule there and the #1 player in the nation is on his team to practice against.

51_doral.jpg

I personally don't see the Tony Woods resemblance. Tony was a good shot blocker, rebounder, dunker, etc... but he was anything but smooth and coordinated with the ball. He couldn't knock down a jumper to save his life and was a terrible passer.

Moore looks like he's a basketball player, not just a big man. I'm pumped about this one and if we get Collins and can stay healthy, 2015-2016 WF basketball team is a tourney team. Go Deacs!

As someone who saw Tony play 10-15 times in high school, and actually had him on my campus to recruit him I can say definitively that Doral and Tony are not similar players at all. Doral is a much more technical player than Tony. Tony was 6'10" and all beast....the hope was that he would develop better talent as he went along...but he never really did.

Doral is smaller, but has a much more athletic frame. Just watch the way he runs. He gallops....which is a really good sign for a big man. His positioning is also much better. Both players needed work at this point in their career with their back to the basket, but Doral's footwork and quickness are much better than Tony. I know that Tony was the higher rated recruit, but Doral is much better at this point in his career IMO. I really expect him to fill out his frame (he isn't tiny as it is) as he gets older as well. His shoulders are broad, and I imagine he will be able to add 10-20 pounds over his time at Wake without effecting his athleticism in any noticeable negative manner.

Pretty excited about Doral.

7' 245 lb. is a little light. I would guess it will be more like 25-30 lbs. that he could add on and still keep his athleticism. Danny has said we're going to be an inside/out offensively minded team, so that's what makes me think we're going to want to add significant muscle to him. Don't get me wrong, he's a big guy and looks solid for his age but over the course of the next 1.5-2 years I think bulking up will be a focus for him.

7'0" 245 is not light. That is really good for a high school senior. He will put on weight just because he lifts, but he won't have to be on any weight retention program IMO. I don't see strength being an issue if he puts in normal work in the weight room.

7-0/245 is very good size for a 17/18 year old. That's not much smaller than NBA 7-footers.

7'0" 245 is not light. That is really good for a high school senior. He will put on weight just because he lifts, but he won't have to be on any weight retention program IMO. I don't see strength being an issue if he puts in normal work in the weight room.

7-0/245 is very good size for a 17/18 year old. That's not much smaller than NBA 7-footers.

He's currently listed at between 215 and 230. People are commenting on how much he needs to gain.

Well done Coach. 2015 is a step in the right direction. We still need serious upgrades for 2016. Go get them!

FWIW from Draft Express:

New Batch of USA Basketball Measurements Released on DraftExpress
October 3, 2014
-Highly touted 2015 big man Doral Moore measured 7'0 with a 7'3 wingspan and a solid 246 pound frame. He is one of the more promising interior players in his class physically, and has gained roughly 25 pounds since last year.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3Fai3Iy1t
http://www.draftexpress.com

Also for comparison:

New Batch of USA Basketball Measurements Released on DraftExpress
October 3, 2014
Harry Giles measured 6'9 without shoes with a 7'3 wingspan. He's always had nice size and length for a power forward, but his weight is up to 218, some 10 pounds heavier than last summer, which is a promising development given how consistently light he'd measured in previous years.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3FaiXXqdW
http://www.draftexpress.com

I heard this was in the works but didn't want to jinx anything.
From what I gather there is a big time talent that Manning is closing in on!
Sources are saying he's close. #BringBackTheSwagger! #ReturnOfTheMac #MoralWithTheMojo

Holy shit. With measurements like that, I wouldn't expect him on campus for more than two years assuming he can play at all.

Holy shit. With measurements like that, I wouldn't expect him on campus for more than two years assuming he can play at all.

Calm down brother. There are a lot of 7'0" basketball players that don't even make the league, much less go after 2 years. If you look at MAnning's history at Kansas, most of the big men he tutored took huge leaps forward their junior years. It seemed like every year a new junior big man was making waves at Kansas. Big men take longer to develop.

Back