• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore joining Washington Wizards summer league team

The team has gone from being in Western Finals to being irrelevant and capped. With the talent they had when Hollinger got there, they shouldn't have dropped off the cliff.

Firing Hollins was a huge mistake.

I grant you Conley and Gasol got hurt, but they haven't added anything really positive until they got Jackson.

The team has gone from being in Western Finals to being irrelevant and capped. With the talent they had when Hollinger got there, they shouldn't have dropped off the cliff.

Firing Hollins was a huge mistake.

I grant you Conley and Gasol got hurt, but they haven't added anything really positive until they got Jackson.

Dude, what are you talking about, they just added Doral Moore.

RJ - Hollins was a donk. He didn’t do shit with the Nets and hasn’t been up for a job since. He also told me to go fuck myself over very minor trolling. Donk.

AHHHH, we see the problem. Your butt hurts for getting called on your childish behavior.

You might get a participation ribbon for being an honorary millennial.

Should I bother pointing out RJ's lack of self-awareness for the ten millionth time ?

Moore vs. Collins on Friday at 8:00 on NBATV.

Moore participates (kinda) in the Grizzlies rookies "In My Feelings" challenge.
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2018...w-off-dance-moves-with-my-feelings-challenge/

Start at :50.

Moore's media day pics.
https://www.commercialappeal.com/picture-gallery/sports/2018/09/24/grizzlies/1416397002/

fbe34300-edea-4d8c-b2db-49597c4278b9-Media_Day_6.jpg

bf351a63-89bc-454a-b647-d3dc068ae06b-Media_Day_7.jpg

Last edited:
Memphis currently has a 21 man roster, but only two centers: Gasol and Doral. That said, center is a dying position in the NBA; so, the fact that Memphis roster only includes two true centers means little about Doral's prospects for making the Grizz. If Doral gets sent to the Grizz G League team, he will play for the Memphis Hustle. They play in Southaven, Mississippi, which is a Memphis suburb.

The NBA has announced the salaries for G League players: $7K a month which translates to $35K for the 5 month season. If the G League player is on a two way contract, meaning the NBA team can send him up and down between the NBA team and the G League team, his salary will be prorated depending on how many days the two player spends on the G-League roster and the NBA roster. G-League two-way players will earn a $77,250 salary if they spend all of their time in the G League and the pro-rated portion of their NBA salary will be based on the rookie minimum of $385K per year. Linkage: https://gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-announces-player-salaries-2018-2019-season/

Last edited:
The Grizzlies can pick up a veteran with better skills and league experience later in the fall.

He looks softer than he did at Wake last year, which was my fear for Doral - that he busted his ass to get fit and able to run up and down the court for 30 minutes and get stronger, but that it was such an exertion on his part, that it wasn't going to be sustainable for him for a 10-year period or even a 2-year period. And that is why he went pro - to essentially take a timeout.

Now, there are guys that just fill out and get comfortable in their bodies and can actually maintain their strength and agiility in their 20s without needing to put in the exact same amount of work that got them there. I don't expect Doral to be one of those guys.

Memphis currently has a 21 man roster, but only two centers: Gasol and Doral. That said, center is a dying position in the NBA; so, the fact that Memphis roster only includes two true centers means little about Doral's prospects for making the Grizz. If Doral gets sent to the Grizz G League team, he will play for the Memphis Hustle. They play in Southaven, Mississippi, which is a Memphis suburb.

The NBA has announced the salaries for G League players: $7K a month which translates to $35K for the 5 month season. If the G League player is on a two way contract, meaning the NBA team can send him up and down between the NBA team and the G League team, his salary will be prorated depending on how many days the two player spends on the G-League roster and the NBA roster. G-League two-way players will earn a $77,250 salary if they spend all of their time in the G League and the pro-rated portion of their NBA salary will be based on the rookie minimum of $385K per year. Linkage: https://gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-announces-player-salaries-2018-2019-season/

He's not listed as one of their top three centers on the ESPN depth chart. Jaren Jackson will definitely get minutes at center.

He looks softer than he did at Wake last year, which was my fear for Doral - that he busted his ass to get fit and able to run up and down the court for 30 minutes and get stronger, but that it was such an exertion on his part, that it wasn't going to be sustainable for him for a 10-year period or even a 2-year period. And that is why he went pro - to essentially take a timeout.

Now, there are guys that just fill out and get comfortable in their bodies and can actually maintain their strength and agiility in their 20s without needing to put in the exact same amount of work that got them there. I don't expect Doral to be one of those guys.

#Hottakes. Doral worked out so hard while playing basketball in college that he can't maintain that level of fitness while playing basketball as a professional at 21 years old. He actually went pro, where basketball is his life, so he could take a break...from basketball. And all of this info was garnered from two touched up photos with dramatic lighting.

Last edited:
Moore vs. Collins on Friday at 8:00 on NBATV.

Moore participates (kinda) in the Grizzlies rookies "In My Feelings" challenge.
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2018...w-off-dance-moves-with-my-feelings-challenge/

Start at :50.

Doral flashing that winning personality. Wow did the whole team take on Danny Manning's personality? I feel like they could all sit at a conference table with Kawhi and say "Im a fun guy, you should get to know me" and just laugh awkwardly together.

Is this the full list of Wake alums currently on NBA (preseason) rosters?

Al-Faroque Aminu (Blazers)
John Collins (Hawks)
James Johnson (Heat)
Codi Miller-McIntyre (Mavericks)
Doral Moore (Grizzlies)
Chris Paul (Rockets)
Ish Smith (Pistons)
Jeff Teague (Timberwolves)

Bryant Crawford signed with an Israeli team in August.

Collins put up 18 points in less than 20 minutes last night in the Hawks preseason opener.

Johnson plays against the Hornets tonight. CP3 and Moore also square off (lol) tonight.

Ish and Teague both start their preseasons tomorrow night. CMM and Aminu start on Friday.

Depending on how you define "alum" you can add Tyler Cavanaugh (Jazz).

Is this the full list of Wake alums currently on NBA (preseason) rosters?

Al-Faroque Aminu (Blazers)
John Collins (Hawks)
James Johnson (Heat)
Codi Miller-McIntyre (Mavericks)
Doral Moore (Grizzlies)
Chris Paul (Rockets)
Ish Smith (Pistons)
Jeff Teague (Timberwolves)

Bryant Crawford signed with an Israeli team in August.

Collins put up 18 points in less than 20 minutes last night in the Hawks preseason opener.

Johnson plays against the Hornets tonight. CP3 and Moore also square off (lol) tonight.

Ish and Teague both start their preseasons tomorrow night. CMM and Aminu start on Friday.

Any thoughts on CMM's chances of sticking to the roster in Dallas?

They love JJ Berea and Jalen Brunson is on a guaranteed contract. Luka and Devin Harris each can play some point. The question becomes , will CMM take bigger bucks overseas over the pittance the G League pays.

Doral would have a better chance to stick with the Mavs than the Griz.

CMM played only 4 minutes in the Mavs first pre-season game. Not a great sign of his prospects for making the team. CMM played in Belgium in 2016-7 and in Russia last year. Hopefully, he saved some money from those opportunities. If his dream is to play in the NBA, his best chance is to play well in the G-League and then get an NBA regular season invite from a team hit with a bunch of injuries. There is virtually no chance that he will make an NBA roster out of camp. The Mavs G-League franchise is the Texas Legends. They play in Frisco, Texas. It's 30 miles from Dallas.

Back