• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore joining Washington Wizards summer league team

We will see where he plays his basketball this year. Memphis or some small town in Mississippi or elsewhere?

Memphis’ G-League team is in a small town in Mississippi right outside Memphis.

Memphis’ G-League team is in a small town in Mississippi right outside Memphis.

That is what i was referring to. I think Doral ends up in the G league for the year.

That’s not too bad. It’s an entry level job in his field of choice.

He has a shot at a two day deal too.

That is what i was referring to. I think Doral ends up in the G league for the year.

Why are you acting like playing in W-S on a possible bubble team is so much better for his professional development as an almost 22-year old ?

Why are you acting like playing in W-S on a possible bubble team is so much better for his professional development as an almost 22-year old ?

Because them whippersnappers just don't know what's good for them.

I would say if Doral had a monster senior year, showed a continued improvement and upped his numbers to 20/12 or something like that, there would have been an outside chance he is drafted in the Wiffey, Ostertag,etc... type player.

I think you can also make a good case that wake forest basketball is better development than the G League. Minor league sports outside of AAA baseball just aren’t that glamorous. You end up having to work a lot on your own to get better and it is really cut throat.

He may develop better as a player for the Southaven Grizzlies or whatever they are called making $5,000 pretax a month, but it is no sure thing his game develops better, his opportunity to hit the NBA ‘lottery’ (not a Lottery pick, just getting a sure spot in a team for a few years) is definitely lessened, and he now has double the work to finish his degree. Finishing at wake would have helped him build his coaching story if that is ever an interest as he would have put his name in some records as a senior.

Here is an article discussing the two way player options. If he lands that spot, he made a good call as he will more than likely spend some time on the nba court and earn some serious coin. If he is stuck in G-league he is actually earning less value as a professional than he would at wake and I doubt receiving any better individual development. He isn’t having to go to class though, but the longer he waits to finish his degree the more difficult it will be to return. As someone looking to take some online courses in his late 30’s getting your mind back in classroom mode can move difficult.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gr...memphis-grizzlies-two-way-player-nba-g-league

If he gets drafted in the Withey/Ostertag role in today's NBA, that most likely puts him in the G-league to start anyway. I think the odds are greater that he makes it to the NBA from the G-league than somehow turning himself into a first round pick with a guaranteed contract in his senior season. If he has to come up through the G-league anyway, might as well get a year's head start.

I would say if Doral had a monster senior year, showed a continued improvement and upped his numbers to 20/12 or something like that, there would have been an outside chance he is drafted in the Wiffey, Ostertag,etc... type player.

I think you can also make a good case that wake forest basketball is better development than the G League. Minor league sports outside of AAA baseball just aren’t that glamorous. You end up having to work a lot on your own to get better and it is really cut throat.

He may develop better as a player for the Southaven Grizzlies or whatever they are called making $5,000 pretax a month, but it is no sure thing his game develops better, his opportunity to hit the NBA ‘lottery’ (not a Lottery pick, just getting a sure spot in a team for a few years) is definitely lessened, and he now has double the work to finish his degree. Finishing at wake would have helped him build his coaching story if that is ever an interest as he would have put his name in some records as a senior.

Here is an article discussing the two way player options. If he lands that spot, he made a good call as he will more than likely spend some time on the nba court and earn some serious coin. If he is stuck in G-league he is actually earning less value as a professional than he would at wake and I doubt receiving any better individual development. He isn’t having to go to class though, but the longer he waits to finish his degree the more difficult it will be to return. As someone looking to take some online courses in his late 30’s getting your mind back in classroom mode can move difficult.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gr...memphis-grizzlies-two-way-player-nba-g-league

There's something else that would have helped Doral get drafted had he stayed. The 2018 draft had lots of big guys versus next year's having far fewer. His chances would have grown had he continued his improvement.

There's something else that would have helped Doral get drafted had he stayed. The 2018 draft had lots of big guys versus next year's having far fewer. His chances would have grown had he continued his improvement.

That’s true, but just because there are fewer bigs in the draft doesn’t mean that he would have been picked. Likewise, there’s a chance he would have had a Crawford-style regression, too. Assumptions are still assumptions at the end of the day.

20 and 12 for Doral?

:bowrofl:

Have we had a player do that besides Duncan?

And the season hasn’t even been played yet. We don’t know how many college bigs will develop into NBA this year. If Doral would, lots of guys can.

That’s true, but just because there are fewer bigs in the draft doesn’t mean that he would have been picked. Likewise, there’s a chance he would have had a Crawford-style regression, too. Assumptions are still assumptions at the end of the day.

You just had to be right even if you are wrong. I never said that. But you do like changing or expanding things I and others say to fit your needs.

Even with a minor uptick, Doral would likely have averaged a double/double this year. A year that was a tick below followed by a slightly better one in a weak year for bigs would give him a better chance.

But keep being Pavlovian.

You just had to be right even if you are wrong. I never said that. But you do like changing or expanding things I and others say to fit your needs.

Even with a minor uptick, Doral would likely have averaged a double/double this year. A year that was a tick below followed by a slightly better one in a weak year for bigs would give him a better chance.

But keep being Pavlovian.

You are deranged, RJ.

My point is that for every positive hypothetical for how Doral would fare as a senior, there are negative hypotheticals, too.

If he regressed like Bryant did as a junior, then he wouldn’t get drafted anyway, no matter how weak the draft looks for bigs right now. There’s also a full season to play and we have no idea how the first round will look in 6 months.

That isn’t a controversial proposition.

No, about 80% or more of your posts are negative. It's much more likely that Doral would have stayed the same or improved than regressed (barring injury). Big guys tend to improve later than guards.

My bad, you know everything and you are always right.

No, about 80% or more of your posts are negative. It's much more likely that Doral would have stayed the same or improved than regressed (barring injury). Big guys tend to improve later than guards.

My bad, you know everything and you are always right.

Bruh, we don’t agree. It’s okay. I don’t need to agree with your opinions.

You’re a child. It’s pathetic.

Barring injury, how does he make the cut? He's the fourth C on their charts and the only one who isn't mobile and able to play away from the basket. He's also the only without a guaranteed contract.

You support it because of your negativity towards Manning (the coach who led Doral to his great improvement).

Barring injury, how does he make the cut? He's the fourth C on their charts and the only one who isn't mobile and able to play away from the basket. He's also the only without a guaranteed contract.

You support it because of your negativity towards Manning (the coach who led Doral to his great improvement).

I agree with you that a guaranteed contract is unlikely. I have never claimed otherwise.

He could get a Two Way or Exhibit 10 contract. I see that as a success. IMO, Memphis is a solid program in terms of talent development and integration with its GLeague team. I know that you disagree. That’s ok. We can disagree.

I support it because Doral is a Deac. If I can’t watch Deacs thrive in Winston, then I look forward to catching them at the next level. I’m sorry that you can’t do the same.

Back