• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

Entering draft. Dumbasses. No agent though

Incredibly stupid post as others have said as well.

There is no downside for players to do this. If by some miracle, a team wants them they become millionaires. If they are told not to go, teams will tell them what to work to get drafted next year.

This is a no-brainer and good thing to do.

If this is such a good thing to do why aren't the 20 players in the ACC who have not declared but have a better shot at the NBA than Doral and Craw entered the draft without hiring an agent. They might both return but anyone who doesn't think there are some issues with our team has their head in the sand.

If this is such a good thing to do why aren't the 20 players in the ACC who have not declared but have a better shot at the NBA than Doral and Craw entered the draft without hiring an agent. They might both return but anyone who doesn't think there are some issues with our team has their head in the sand.

Bingo.

I'm not sure I understand this post. There likely will be 20 or more ACC players that declare for the draft. There are already several, such as Bruce Brown at Miami, Deng Adel at Louisville, and Josh Okogie at GT.

Because you are only allowed to do it once and withdraw your name and retain your eligibility. That is why it makes so much sense for juniors to do so. A number of ACC players HAVE also done this, some younger than Doral and Craw - like Josh Okogie, Omar Yurt, Deng Adel, etc.. A lot of the names we are still waiting to hear from are YOUNGER than juniors and played in the NCAA tourney so have had less time to process the process. Google guys. It's out there.

If I were both kids, I would come back. I expect Craw to depart and Doral to come back. I could even see a Craw try and graduate this summer and play somewhere else for a year, if possible. Here's why: the year was no fun for Craw. The year was pretty rewarding for Doral. The pressure was on Craw to lead and he failed, and I am sure that sucked for him. Doral over performed and was an integral part of a team for the first time in 4 years. That is almost unheard of for a college athlete.

Both should come back because next year they will walk onto the court each and every game with comparable or better talent than 95% of our opponents. That was not true this year. Would be a huge life blunder to bail now. And that is what it would be - bailing.

Next year for reasons having nothing to do with the coaching staff will most likely result in a fun year. That is worth staying for IMO.

Because you are only allowed to do it once and withdraw your name and retain your eligibility. That is why it makes so much sense for juniors to do so. A number of ACC players HAVE also done this, some younger than Doral and Craw - like Josh Okogie, Omar Yurt, Deng Adel, etc.. A lot of the names we are still waiting to hear from are YOUNGER than juniors and played in the NCAA tourney so have had less time to process the process. Google guys. It's out there.

If I were both kids, I would come back. I expect Craw to depart and Doral to come back. I could even see a Craw try and graduate this summer and play somewhere else for a year, if possible. Here's why: the year was no fun for Craw. The year was pretty rewarding for Doral. The pressure was on Craw to lead and he failed, and I am sure that sucked for him. Doral over performed and was an integral part of a team for the first time in 4 years. That is almost unheard of for a college athlete.

Both should come back because next year they will walk onto the court each and every game with comparable or better talent than 95% of our opponents. That was not true this year. Would be a huge life blunder to bail now. And that is what it would be - bailing.

Next year for reasons having nothing to do with the coaching staff will most likely result in a fun year. That is worth staying for IMO.

Maybe, but both may feel they can improve more with better coaching.

Just so I’m clear you’re saying that next year’s team talent wise will be as good or better than 95% of the teams we play? If that’s true DM will be competing for an ACC title and at least an elite 8.

We will have the most talent we’ve had in a decade, although that isn’t saying a lot. If Craw and Doral come back then there is zero excuse not to win a couple postseason games.

Maybe, but both may feel they can improve more with better coaching.

Well, in Doral's case for sure, that would be a huge mistake.

He's not going to get better big man coaching next year if he leaves Wake.

Just so I’m clear you’re saying that next year’s team talent wise will be as good or better than 95% of the teams we play? If that’s true DM will be competing for an ACC title and at least an elite 8.

He made no such statement.

He made no such statement.

"Both should come back because next year they will walk onto the court each and every game with comparable or better talent than 95% of our opponents."

Weird. That seems like it. I guess I must struggle with words.

Seems he did say that RJ...you’re smarter than me so please show me what I missed. I don’t want to put words into someone’s mouth.

Your first paragraph is quite helpful. Thanks,

Seems he did say that RJ...you’re smarter than me so please show me what I missed. I don’t want to put words into someone’s mouth.

My mistake if I missed it.

We won't have more talent than 95% of the teams we play. I'd put the number at 65-75%. Since we don't know who we play twice next year, it's impossible to know the number.

We won't have more talent than 95% of the teams we play. I'd put the number at 65-75%. Since we don't know who we play twice next year, it's impossible to know the number.

Probably teams in the ACC...so losses

You think playing an acc schedule we are more talented than 3 of every 4 teams we play? Did you watch this season? 20 losses bro. Two good recruits and a lot of defection unlikely to change much

You think playing an acc schedule we are more talented than 3 of every 4 teams we play? Did you watch this season? 20 losses bro. Two good recruits and a lot of defection unlikely to change much

Don’t undermine the development of Sarr and Chaundee. The ceiling is the roof for those guys. If we keep Doral, we’re a tourney team.

We play 12 games OOC. We will likely be more talented than 10/11 of them. That puts us even with or slightly ahead of more of our ACC opponents.

We aren't having "a lot of defections". We lost one guy and he could be replaced.

We play 12 games OOC. We will likely be more talented than 10/11 of them. That puts us even with or slightly ahead of more of our ACC opponents.

We aren't having "a lot of defections". We lost one guy and he could be replaced.

how many ooc gsmes did we win this year? and how many players are we losing were screwed

Back