• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

The shot was great.

The coach from MSU blew it. They should have fouled immediately.

How bout that shot tonight tho? Same girl made it at the buzzer to win natty.

Sick. The shot tonight was even better. Going to the right, hand in her face. Ridiculous. Can't get more clutch than back to back game winners in the Final Four.

Some additional info on early entrants.

By the way, here are the 2016 early entrants.

117 - NBA announces early-entry candidates for 2016 Draft
57 -Fifty-seven early entries withdraw from NBA Draft

51% stayed in. 49% withdrew.

48 - NBA announces early entry candidates for 2015 Draft
2 - NBA draft: 34 early entry players withdraw names (32 were international)

201445 -NBA announces early entry candidates for 2014 NBA Draft
1 - https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/early_entry/by_year/2014

So 2017 was the first year more players withdrew than stayed and it was barely a majority.

Sick. The shot tonight was even better. Going to the right, hand in her face. Ridiculous. Can't get more clutch than back to back game winners in the Final Four.

So 2017 was the first year more players withdrew than stayed and it was barely a majority.

2016 was the year the rules on declaring and withdrawing were changed in ways that now encourage more kids to test the waters and return to school.

2016 was the year the rules on declaring and withdrawing were changed in ways that now encourage more kids to test the waters and return to school.

Going back to the number of players who declare and don't return. To make it a reasonable projection, you should only include those who are not guaranteed or thought to be guaranteed being a first round pick.

Last year, 137 American players declared. 23/24 underclassmen went in the first round. There were 6-9 players who thought they would be 1st Round picks but went in the second round (players like Rabb, Bryant, Jackson). Being conservative, that means about 30 players stayed in because of reasonably good information.

This means of the 108 players remained on the list. At least a dozen were total yokels who might have done it for a thrill.

Even if you use the 108 number, it means about 2/3 of those who were borderline returned. If you get rid of the yokels, it's closer to 3/4.

You said most. By most are you saying you meant 51%+? Just wipe it off. It's gross. I didn't mean for you walk around WEARING my spunk overnight and into the next work day. Gross.

moonz kept... seizures

and then ruined that parody too. sad ! !

The NCAA Tournament thread?

You said most. By most are you saying you meant 51%+? Just wipe it off. It's gross. I didn't mean for you walk around WEARING my spunk overnight and into the next work day. Gross.

You disputed most. By not most are you saying you meant less than 49.9999999999%? Damn Monica. Take yo dress to the cleaners.

The numbers before the new rule are totally irrelevant.

Whoa, RJ doesn't have Ph on ignore?

32 players declared and hired an agent immediately last year. Numbers before 2016 don't matter, numbers for guys who hired agents on day one don't matter. 137 entrants total. 73 underclassmen pulled out early. 64 stayed in.

So 73 of 105 underclassmen in the Craw/Moore position withdrew, or 70%. If you add in anyone not projected top 40 in that crew the odds drop even further that a player stayed in, so for Crawford and Moore you're looking at a 90% or more likelihood that they do not stay in.

It's a double-edged sword, because if they do stay in or just leave Wake for Europe or some nonsense then it's a very strong indictment of the program. We'll see if Dan Collins and the Manning haters are right about how bad things are or not pretty soon.

You disputed most. By not most are you saying you meant less than 49.9999999999%? Damn Monica. Take yo dress to the cleaners.

I have a difficult time believing you meant 50.001% when you wrote, "most." See the horse racing 30% paradigm for reference. And here is my handkerchief.

You meant to declare they are most likely gone because that is what players do when they declare for the draft. They leave programs. That is simply not true, not true at all. Most of the last several pages can be clarified with a simple google search. I totally get how people are frustrated. But in my experience, frustration should breed focus. That is the time to take a few extra steps before doing just about anything - disciplining a kid, shooting a gun (especially if you are cop), etc.. My takeaway here is that I am glad you are civilian who can't fuck anything up too greatly when frustrated. You'd make a shitty pilot, cop, soldier, and the last guy I'd want with the ball in his hands with 20 seconds on the shot clock. You are the guy most likely to ignore coach's instructions and throw up a stupid fucking 3-pointer when we are down 1. Should I go on?

All this said, the math simply indicates that we are probably to lose one of Craw and Doral. Just on the math.

32 players declared and hired an agent immediately last year. Numbers before 2016 don't matter, numbers for guys who hired agents on day one don't matter. 137 entrants total. 73 underclassmen pulled out early. 64 stayed in.

So 73 of 105 underclassmen in the Craw/Moore position withdrew, or 70%. If you add in anyone not projected top 40 in that crew the odds drop even further that a player stayed in, so for Crawford and Moore you're looking at a 90% or more likelihood that they do not stay in.

It's a double-edged sword, because if they do stay in or just leave Wake for Europe or some nonsense then it's a very strong indictment of the program. We'll see if Dan Collins and the Manning haters are right about how bad things are or not pretty soon.

This is the correct way to look at it. Most players in Moore/Crawford's withdraw and return to school. Does that mean that Moore and Crawford certainly will return? Certainly not, but historical odds are much greater than 51%.

Back