• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

I'm so sick of this garbage year in and year out, I couldn't care less if everyone on the roster transferred, left early for the NBA, or flunked out.

We need a total house cleaning from this dog crap coaching staff on down.

I'm so sick of this garbage year in and year out, I couldn't care less if everyone on the roster transferred, left early for the NBA, or flunked out.

Yeah! Make the Deacons great again! Build a wall! Drain the swamp!

Yeah! Make the Deacons great again! Build a wall! Drain the swamp!

Don't underestimate the Mexican ballers available to transfer in. These guys don't even need shoes or socks to wear, which in turn helps alleviate bad coaching. If Manning won't teach proper shoe and sock preparation we can work around it.
2uqdaio.jpg

not much I could disagree with here even the liberal comments to go with it. This shit show is getting beyond old.

You're so right. It's not like Danny has ever put big men into the NBA.

Your hate and ignorance is disgraceful.

That being said, I have a weird hunch that Doral is getting some REALLY bad advice from someone (or people) close to him (friends/family).

There is a prevailing sentiment that if you are playing college basketball as a senior, you have become an afterthought as a professional player and you have lost "cred" as a baller. Yes, there are prominent exceptions (like last year's NBA ROY Malcolm Brogdon), but if the goal is to get paid to play basketball, playing as a senior is not typically part of that plan. So, agree that there is a concern that are "people" in Moore's and Crawford's ear telling both Moore and Crawford that it's time to get paid.

Doral always has seemed pretty shy/meek, despite his stature. Some of that went away this year with confidence, but, having never met the kid, he doesn't really seem like someone who would enjoy gallivanting around Europe with a bunch of people he doesn't know. Could be way off base there, though.

You're so right. It's not like Danny has ever put big men into the NBA.

Your hate and ignorance is disgraceful.

Twas a joke and some word play. Jeezus man...have y'all not learned to take all the sarcasm so seriously?? When I call your ass out for being a disingenuous, hypocritical douche like NoChill, then you can wonder if I'm spewing hatred or "venom." But y'all need to adjust the tint on your old gold colored glasses and stop defending Manning to the point of seeming so touchy and emotional about it. There are other things more worth defending than a damn BB coach who gets paid millions to get results in a results-oriented business. I can see getting all worked up over someone as endearing and lovable as Skip Prosser, but he's had many an arrows slung his way even posthumously. It's a tough biz this semi-pro college BB. But it's a message board and there's going to be plenty of teeth-gnashing etc.

Y'all think the "negative nellies" are so caustic and toxic, but some of the more optimistic lot really like to attack the other POV just as much. So stop the whining, state your fact-based cases and check your "love of WFU card" at the door. There aren't that many of us to begin with, and thus one must care more than they probably should to post here on a silly message board. Do you really think any of the "meanies" who post here AREN'T fans of Wake? Most of us graduated from the damn place, and have had their hearts ripped out many a time supporting Wake athletics. So you're going to get some "vehemence" and "vitriolic venting" from time to time. Opinions aren't necessarily better cuz their "positive" and wrapped up in the banner of being a sensational phan!

Both sides are digging in stubbornly because the attacks have been coming fast and furious from both sides. Although it does seem a bit more demure and calm around here without NoChill responding to every single post. Long story short y'all really need to stop attacking folks for having a "negative" point of view because that's kind of the point of a damn message board.

Having said that, I will stop posting for today and wait for something news-worthy to happen again. I pray it won't be more bad news.

To you, anyone who doesn't want Danny run out of town on a rail is "whining". My position has been stated many time - No Dance, No Danny after next year.

I laid out a reasoned, detailed expression of why we will be much better next year. You don't address any of it.

To you, anyone who doesn't want Danny run out of town on a rail is "whining". My position has been stated many time - No Dance, No Danny after next year.

I laid out a reasoned, detailed expression of why we will be much better next year. You don't address any of it.

Yeah but the opposite could be stated too. To you, anyone who thinks the results are already in and that Manning doesn't deserve another year is "blinded by hatred." What's so hard for people to accept is that we all have the same data available but we emphasize different pieces and come to different conclusions. You think it's worth giving him one more shot given the make up of next years team, I think it is not worth it because Manning's past performance says his ceiling is squeaking into the Dance via the first 4 with an NBAer anchoring the offence. Same data, different inference. No one hates Manning, we just hate sucking year after year.

Bird, data without context is useless. I'm not saying Danny has done a good job, but the situation he was handed was so bad that it was inevitably going to take time to fix with Bruce Pearl-like cheating. We had less talent than at any time in the past 45+ years I've been watching Wake bball. What made matters worse was that we close to being filled up with scholarships. Regardless of what we wished to happen, realistically we were going to suck for those first two years. That's the just the way it was.

We grossly overachieved in Year 3 and underachieved in Year 4. In Year 3, not a single expert or ACC coach gave Wake a shot at the post season, much less making the NCAAT.

Many on this board think that defense can be taught and invoked regardless of who is on your roster. This is simply not true. It becomes more pronounced when you have multiple holes.

We don't what Danny's ceiling is yet. Having talent will give us a lot of answers.

Back