• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Driving Cross Country

I did it and it was a very cool experience. I would say that if you can, take your time and find some cool spots to post up. For example maybe post up at the Lazy Lizard in Moab, or drive through the pass in Colorado via I-70 and post up in some small town up there. The plains are boring as fuck, but it makes you appreciate the expansiveness of the US, while also making you appreciate you never had to live there.

This. IF you have to do it in 4-5 days, fuck no. If you can take 2 weeks and see some shit, it's AWESOME except for Kansas

Wait, what's wrong with Kansas? I feel like if I drove across Kansas, I would be guaranteed to see this:

tornado-blyskawica-chmury-burza.jpeg

Thank you for all the input.

I would be doing the trip alone and need to do it in less than a week which sounds like the worst possible scenario based on everyone's stories. I still have some time to decide, I just hated shipping my car out here and have been considering doing the drive on the way back.

I would be doing the trip alone and need to do it in less than a week which sounds like the worst possible scenario based on everyone's stories. I still have some time to decide, I just hated shipping my car out here and have been considering doing the drive on the way back.

I mean, less than a week isn't terrible. 4 days is totally manageable if all you do is drive all day. Taking 6 days would allow for some pretty sweet stops along the way. The 'by yourself' thing might get old, but sometimes the windows down, shoes off, music up experience is the greatest.

I mean, less than a week isn't terrible. 4 days is totally manageable if all you do is drive all day. Taking 6 days would allow for some pretty sweet stops along the way. The 'by yourself' thing might get old, but sometimes the windows down, shoes off, music up experience is the greatest.

Pants off too.

Um, no, clearly the worst possible scenario is driving cross county with my sister.

If "by yourself" is a problem in a week, you have mighty issues.

okay I got really nostalgic and looked through all my pictures again. I filtered out the boring ones and only added those in between where the AlCan Highway starts in Dawson Creek, British Columbia and Anchorage. We made the ~2000 mi journey from Edmonton to Anchorage in 36 hours so every picture below was taken on either July 23 or 24, 2009. Some pictures are better than others because again I was in a moving vehicle for most of these but I feel like they captured the natural beauty as much as possible. Plus you'll have to pardon the bug splatters on the windows....had to clean the entire car every time we stopped for gas. The real problem was a lot of the really awesome mountainous drive was my shift driving while my buddy was sleeping and it was dusk for like 4 hrs so the few pictures that I did take didn't turn out.

I still think that the previously posted picture from Kluane Lake is my favorite picture that I've taken. It's been my computer background ever since and was my facebook cover photo for almost the entirety.

svz4.jpg

pucm.jpg

nk1l.jpg

phcb.jpg

b9p6.jpg

hf7f.jpg

qxm1.jpg

pn1s.jpg

xx6t.jpg

hhmr.jpg

llda.jpg

ml8j.jpg