• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DT comments at press conference ?

I didn't hear the audio and only read the "...I'm not a winner" quote so I can't speak to tone, but that reads like something a sarcastic person says after their coach just tells them (in the privacy of the locker room) that they have to "learn" to win games. If that's what happened, DM should suspend him until further notice.

I didn't hear the audio and only read the "...I'm not a winner" quote so I can't speak to tone, but that reads like something a sarcastic person says after their coach just tells them (in the privacy of the locker room) that they have to "learn" to win games. If that's what happened, DM should suspend him until further notice.

I kind of took it that way too when I first read it. Or it could be him just saying the brutal (to him) truth after a really hard loss when he had a chance to win the game. Could go either way.

are you going to let manning know when the further notice should be also?

it could be that he was being very literal. he is, by virtue of his record the last 3 yrs, a loser. how much of that is on him is debatable, but as parcels would say, you are what your record says you are.

I think this Board needs to rank us to see which of us are better fans than others.

Cam Newton is a winner, Devin Thomas says he's not.

Devin is correct.

2013 13-18 Overall and 6-12 ACC
2014 17-16 Overall and 6-12 ACC
2015 13-19 Overall and 5-13 ACC

Career 43-53 Overall and 17-37

I wouldn't give a shit how pissy Devin was if he was consistently good, but he disappears every other game. At least Chas baited other players into technicals, Devin is usually the only guy on the court bitching.

Yes, Devin is correct. He needs to learn how to win and how to lead. I suspect this has been a point of emphasis by Manning to all the upperclassmen. If Devin needs a role model there is a Wake alumnus playing in San Antonio who would be a perfect example of how to win, how to lead and how to do both with class.

DT is just maturing a little more slowly than some. I'm sure it has to be tough losing like we have. And he has been one of the brighter spots. I think Cav and Moto bolting really got to him, too. He will insanely benefit from the help he is about to receive from next year's freshman front court. As will they. They should complement each other well and no more cheating and double teaming DT. I am looking forward to his senior year. I mean, DT has been our only post threat on O or D for a while. Think about that. A 6-7 guy taking on all that? I thought he did a helluva job considering he is not a C, and he has had zero low post help either way.

Maybe Devin can be the biggest loser? I'm too lazy to figure it out, but certainly our rising seniors must be on pace to have either the most losses or highest losing percentage of four year players in school history? With just a little more creativity and ingenuity, I'm confident these guys can achieve this nadir. Losers gonna lose.

Are you kidding me 22? See Staak years. Luckily for him we played more non-conference games back then, but his conference record was abysmal. How this guy's in the Xavier hall of fame going 2 games over 500 in 6 years is beyond me. Low bar. David West must have his own wing there.

I don't know. Looks to me like Staak had 69 losses in four years at Wake. In comparison, I believe our rising seniors have 53 losses in 3 years. Maybe I just have more confidence that these guys can be the best at something.

Maybe Devin can be the biggest loser? I'm too lazy to figure it out, but certainly our rising seniors must be on pace to have either the most losses or highest losing percentage of four year players in school history? With just a little more creativity and ingenuity, I'm confident these guys can achieve this nadir. Losers gonna lose.

I envy you. You have either managed to forget how bad the REDACTED era was or forget that it lasted a full four years. Travis played in 76 losses as a Deac (He deserves an in memoriam style banner in the rafters). God willing that is a record that will never be broken.

I saw Meeks on the All-ACC honorable mention list and was curious how many "no-shows" had compared to Devin.

He had 6 ACC games of single digit points and rebounds. Devin had 7 ACC games of single digit points and rebounds. Worst 3 were 2,4,4 points and 0,2,3 points respectively. Meeks scored 20 points or more in zero ACC games. Devin had 4. Meeks also had, to put it mildly, far more help inside than Devin did. Devin was on an island all year.

Two things make Devin an All-ACC candidate next year. First, fix the attitude without losing the intensity. Second, Collins and (hopefully) Moore helping inside. He got doubled against VaTech and for maybe the first time all year Rountree cut to the opposite block - Devin hit him for a dunk. If Collins can do that with some consistency it could make a huge difference.

Back