• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duck Dynasty

Are u the real Phil Robertson? If u are then I am a big fan. You and Si are the funniest by far. Happy Happy Happy

Not likely since the other night on Leno he said he did not own a cell phone or computer..
J

Are u the real Phil Robertson? If u are then I am a big fan. You and Si are the funniest by far. Happy Happy Happy

Not likely since the other night on Leno he said he did not own a cell phone or computer..
J

tumblr_mh3upppu1M1s3pdfzo1_400.gif

Last night I got the chance to watch the two new episodes from last week and I am worried all the fame the family received between seasons 2 & 3 might make the show jump the shark. The script now written for the minor cast is ruining the flow of the original show. John Luke acting about the girlfriend was painful, Missy getting pulled by officers Willie and Si, and just the fact that Jeb has a speaking part in every show is kind of ruining the original feel. Hope they get back to what got them there.

Just follow Si and Phil around.

Let Jase make some smart alec comments.

Have Willie narrate.

Show hot wives (daughters) in bathing suits.

Greatest.show.ever.

BTW congrats everyone on SUPPORTING BIGOTRY

what a dumb thing to say. I don't agree with Phil, but from a biblical standpoint he's not necessarily wrong... and if you read the whole article, he actually expressed his opinion about as uncontroversially as possible. He thinks that's wrong, he also thinks it's wrong to oggle your friend's wife. Basically 'let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.' Again, I don't agree with him... but in this instance/context it's really not bigotry.

Yeah yeah, you're being tongue in cheek. I know you are rarely serious in saying things like that, but i'm feeling pretty testy right now and that's the gut response I had to that statement. I probably should take it to the tunnels.

what a dumb thing to say. I don't agree with Phil, but from a biblical standpoint he's not necessarily wrong... and if you read the whole article, he actually expressed his opinion about as uncontroversially as possible. He thinks that's wrong, he also thinks it's wrong to oggle your friend's wife. Basically 'let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.' Again, I don't agree with him... but in this instance/context it's really not bigotry.

What about this?

“Women with women, men with men, they committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions,” Robertson said in the 2010 speech. “They’re full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil. That’s what you have 235 years, roughly, after your forefathers founded the country.”

What about this?

BBD, I'm pretty sure he's just paraphrasing Romans 1:26-32 there.

"26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

I don't know the context of his 2010 speech, but from that excerpt it looks like he's comparing the morality of modern day America to the decadence of the Roman Empire around Paul's writings. Like lbe said, you can take issue with what he has to say, but I don't think he's really out on a limb there Biblically.

what demondeacfreak said.

I thought LBE was better than the "that's what it says in the bible, so it's ok" justification of hate speech.

for the record, I don't agree with his personal beliefs, but as far as how he says it - he is just basically quoting the Bible.
I also don't think claiming you believe something is a sin is 'hate speech' but that's a whole different conversation.

for the record, I don't agree with his personal beliefs, but as far as how he says it - he is just basically quoting the Bible.
I also don't think claiming you believe something is a sin is 'hate speech' but that's a whole different conversation.

“Women with women, men with men, they committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions,” Robertson said in the 2010 speech. “They’re full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil. That’s what you have 235 years, roughly, after your forefathers founded the country.”

So it's OK to call gays heartless, senseless and ruthless because that's what the Bible says?

I wonder why he chose to quote that passage and not any passage that talks about how sinful it is to eat shellfish, wear two different kinds of fabric, or even get divorced.

Hmm, maybe because his fans don't hate people who do those things.

I wonder why he chose to quote that passage and not any passage that talks about how sinful it is to eat shellfish, wear two different kinds of fabric, or even get divorced.

Hmm, maybe because his fans don't hate people who do those things.

Romans is in the New Testament.

Back