• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duck Dynasty

I think most people would be at home in the Episcopal Church. I'd suggest just going and trying it (Episcopal or progressive Baptist) out. You're not likely going to get that urge by not doing anything, but it seems like you've at least got a small one. Also, our culture tends to view Church from the point of view of a consumer- where we get something out of Church. But it really is just about worship. Don't worry about joining a community or anything like that (yet)- just go, pray, sing, worship. Give the Spirit more of a chance to do it's thing. If nothing else, find a place that has really good preaching and go for that. It's a process, you don't have to get there all at once.

I was finally able to catch up on this thread! As a minister myself, going to a university that I will receive major backlash on, this is the only post from Rev that I've found myself to fully agree with. It's been enjoyable reading thus far though and very enlightening learning the views of other posters. Thanks to all for contributing.

Back