• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duck Dynasty

Well if I ever convert and go back to church it would be Revs church. Agree with many of the things you have said in this thread (and threads in the past). Wish more church leaders had your viewpoints.

Thanks, means a lot. Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas everyone,
Rev, do you believe that Jesus was born of a virgin?

Merry Christmas everyone,
Rev, do you believe that Jesus was born of a virgin?

Can respond more fully later, but I don't think it's a big deal either way, no one can prove their answer, but gun to my head, no.

Excellent.

There is a fundamental belief in that article that homosexuality is a chosen sin that someone should repent for. No matter what your intentions are, casting homosexuality as a sin is condemnation: Homosexuality is not adultery, it is not bestiality, it is not lust, or idolatry. Simply lumping in homosexuality with "sexual immorality" is a lazy, irresponsible way to interpret the New Testament, and I choose not to respect the opinions of those who "interpret" it that way, especially in light of all the sins that are specifically condemned in the NT, yet are comfortably ignored by modern Christians. The world would be a much better place if people spent less effort attempting to interpret the NT's vagueries, and instead obeying what it plainly says.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

There is a fundamental belief in that article that homosexuality is a chosen sin that someone should repent for. No matter what your intentions are, casting homosexuality as a sin is condemnation: Homosexuality is not adultery, it is not bestiality, it is not lust, or idolatry. Simply lumping in homosexuality with "sexual immorality" is a lazy, irresponsible way to interpret the New Testament, and I choose not to respect the opinions of those who "interpret" it that way, especially in light of all the sins that are specifically condemned in the NT, yet are comfortably ignored by modern Christians. The world would be a much better place if people spent less effort attempting to interpret the NT's vagueries, and instead obeying what it plainly says.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Now this is excellent.

Ratings are in for Duck Dynasty. It's doing very well, but the numbers are way down from over 12.5M viewers to the 8M range.

Ratings are in for Duck Dynasty. It's doing very well, but the numbers are way down from over 12.5M viewers to the 8M range.

I don't know if it has to do with the controversy or not. I stopped watching months ago just because I felt like it had jumped the shark. When they weren't super famous and doing shows in hawaii, photo shoots for magazines and shit like that, and were just rich rednecks with a TV show, it was hilarious and great. Now I feel like it's just another contrived reality show. I know others who feel the same was as well.

I don't know if it has to do with the controversy or not. I stopped watching months ago just because I felt like it had jumped the shark. When they weren't super famous and doing shows in hawaii, photo shoots for magazines and shit like that, and were just rich rednecks with a TV show, it was hilarious and great. Now I feel like it's just another contrived reality show. I know others who feel the same was as well.

+1

This is me. I still watch it some for easy laughs.

I will say that I had no idea the premier was this week.

yep. The first season is the best. The only one who hasn't really changed in how he acts is Jase; even Si seems more scripted now.

thanks for sharing.

...I don't think any of us are seriously lamenting the fact the show's gone downhill; just saying it's not as good as it used to be.

Don't watch it and don't plan to. As RJ indicated, the ratings are down 25% from last season's premiere...but they're consistent with last season's finale.

You know who is hot? Miss Sadie. good lord. Plus now there's an azn Robertson.

none of them are terrible-looking sans beards.

Back