• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ducks are the best animal: Redux

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
So I had this thread on the Quad a few years back. As it turns out, ducks are still the best animal.

They can walk, swim, and fly.
Their webbed feet are an evolutionary stroke of genius.
They make great pets.
They shake their butts when they walk.
They make the best noise of any animal other than Michael Jackson.
They are fucking delicious. Peking Duck, duck confit, so many awesome choices.
Migration seems like a smart move.
They make great cartoon personalities (though a rabbit would never defeat a duck in cunning as Buggs does).

I defy you to name a better overall animal.

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock..

So I had this thread on the Quad a few years back. As it turns out, ducks are still the best animal.

They can walk, swim, and fly.
Their webbed feet are an evolutionary stroke of genius.
They make great pets.
They shake their butts when they walk.
They make the best noise of any animal other than Michael Jackson.
They are fucking delicious. Peking Duck, duck confit, so many awesome choices.
Migration seems like a smart move.
They make great cartoon personalities (though a rabbit would never defeat a duck in cunning as Buggs does).

I defy you to name a better overall animal.

the argument for pelicans is pretty strong - http://deadspin.com/5966336/fuck-you-pelicans-are-awesome-a-defense-of-the-nbas-best-new-team-name

Ducks can also just fly away from most predators. Except humans cause we shoot them. Now, a sitting duck can't react very quickly, but that's where the flock helps.

Ducks may be the best animal, but lame ducks are the worst subset:

ncb_g_bzdelik_gb1_600.jpg

Why do cartoon ducks always play second fiddle? I always liked Donald and Daffy better than Mickey and Bugs.

Why do cartoon ducks always play second fiddle? I always liked Donald and Daffy better than Mickey and Bugs.

A prominent psychologist did a recent study to find out that ducks are thx funniest animal. They have a funny name, they make funny noises, they walk funny. If you want to construct a joke about an animal, use a duck.

As to why they're slandered in the lamestream media, like Scrooge McDuck and your characters, I can't say for sure.

I like ducks a lot, but bears are more superior.

Ducks are delicious, though. I'm hoping to make Momofuku Ssam's roast duck sometime over the holidays.

Lol don't even get me started on bears. Good luck with the glaciers all melting, polar bears.

Bear meat is decent, not my favorite big game, which is probably elk.

I guess bears are good predators, which is something people like, but I'd rather have thx ability to fly than swim, walk, and climb. Bears also make good cartoon characters.

Duck-billed platypus compete with the duck or enhance its legacy?

Ducks are, in fact, delicious. My favorite lunch spot is this awesome taco place that has duck tacos. They also have crispy pork belly and a bunch of other great shit but the duck is so damn good.

An auspicious start to her linguistic career. I applaud your daughter, sir.

I will say that it's pretty baller that you can use a duck to determine whether someone is a witch or not.

Bump.

Now that people are up in arms about a lion getting shot by some asshole, I think we need to crank up the "What is the best animal" discussion.

Ducks don't have any problems mating. They ain't going extinct any time soon. And when you shoot them, whether for sport or food, you can eat them, which is delicious.

All those wild safari beasts on the other hand...

Back