• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke 3 star RB decommits, and commits to...

SkinsNDeacs is pretty accurate here- A lot of people were frustrated because not only was Moore's son awful, Moore was known to play favorites and always take his side when there was a dispute between the younger Moore and the rest of the staff. As for the rest of the guys leaving and getting Satterfield back, it has most people in the know excited because it was time for the staff to get some new blood and it was kind of well known that the rest of the staff was riding on the coat tails of what Moore and Satterfield put together- at this poing, however, Moore is really showing his age and you can tell he is losing it mentally in his interviews.

That makes me sad

DeShawn? might have been his first name. Can't remember. I'll ask Sam tomorrow and see what else is up with that new coach.
Thanks man, I have been searching their message boards to try to figure out who it was, but they don't get a lot of football traffic.

The new wr coach is former NC State wr and nfl vet, Alvis Whitted. Alvis has been coaching at UCLA recently. The new rb coach is Justin(?) Stepp. He played at furman and has coached at clemson previously.

The Satterfield hire is a great one. He mentioned that when he got to Boone that his phone was being flooded with calls from guys wanting to join the staff. He wants the head coaching position when Moore steps down, but i think he realizes he will have to earn it. But i would assume its his to lose. I'm expecting the App football team to return to its quality of play from the 2005-2008 years.

The new wr coach is former NC State wr and nfl vet, Alvis Whitted. Alvis has been coaching at UCLA recently. The new rb coach is Justin(?) Stepp. He played at furman and has coached at clemson previously.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/stepp_justin00.html

Played at furman. Has a (twin?) brother who I think played at furman for a year or two before transferring.

Not friends with him by any stretch but talked to him a few times, seemed like a nice guy.

The Satterfield hire is a great one. He mentioned that when he got to Boone that his phone was being flooded with calls from guys wanting to join the staff. He wants the head coaching position when Moore steps down, but i think he realizes he will have to earn it. But i would assume its his to lose. I'm expecting the App football team to return to its quality of play from the 2005-2008 years.

I wonder if Moore (or the AD) has already turned over staff hiring to Satterfield? If he and Jerry are not on the same page, next season could be pretty awkward on some levels.

I wonder if Moore (or the AD) has already turned over staff hiring to Satterfield? If he and Jerry are not on the same page, next season could be pretty awkward on some levels.

Satterfield has the utmost respect for Moore so I don't think that would be a big problem.

Some serious stuff going on with the APP coaching staff right now. One of their assistants was recently named head coach of traditional rival Western Carolina, and he took 3(!) APP assistants with him. Hard to figure leaving argueably the best FCS program for one of the worst. On top of that, Jerry Moore's son is no longer on teh staff, and former APP QB Scott Satterield has been brought in as OC with the title (according to Moore dictated by the AD) of Associate Head Coach. Satterfierld says he left a FBS coordinator's position at FIU specifically to be able to be able to succeed Moore when the time comes, but no comment from Moore on when he plans to retire and no Jimbo Fisher-esque gurantee from the administration that he'll be offered the job.
I could make the arguement that the successor to Moore will be the among the most important head FB coach hire in the state in recent years due to how that university's growth in popularity, quality of students and the amount of $$ pouring in to all unviersity programs has been tied to football success.

Good point.

as skins says, satterfield has the utmost respect for coach moore and wouldn't do anything to hurt that relationship. I believe Satterfield has a lot of say in the coaching hires right now. It shouldn't be too awkward.

It's ALL good!! Everyone is on the same page. Coach Moore is good with everything that is going on (except maybe his son being fired). It was time for the crowd that left to leave, so good luck to them at the Whee (aka Western).
Satterfield knows he has to earn the chance to interview for the head coaching job, but he has made no secret of the fact that he wants it. That is why he left ASU in the first place.
Look for the Mountaineers to be back on top in the near future!

Back