• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke 3 star RB decommits, and commits to...

I was clarifying what I was talking about with regards to the reactions after the last national championship. Has nothing to do with 2004. Trust me, those talks were going on as I know several people very close to the situation.

Turns out I know DeacMom.

I got you now. I was misreading your earlier posts. My bad.

Well, i don't know who DeacMom is

Newb.

she may very well be Jerry's wife, but just saying on a message board that you are plugged in to the program doesn't really prove anything.

Agreed. DeacMom is a longtime poster who hasn't been around Wake or the forums as much as she was when her son played at Wake. She's trustworthy despite her post count. :D

No, I am not Jerry's wife. And I am not trying to prove anything; just stating what I know to be true. Just saying....

Right, i know you're not Jerry's wife, i was just trying to prove a point. So, what you are saying is that Brad Glenn, Jerry Moore, and Chris Moore are not all involved in the play calling and direction of the offense? I've kind of lost track of what we are disagreeing about.

And like everybody else on this thread, i'll throw out the "i'm closely connected to many people in high places at App" as well. Just so that we're all on the same page.

:hug:

Newb.

Agreed. DeacMom is a longtime poster who hasn't been around Wake or the forums as much as she was when her son played at Wake. She's trustworthy despite her post count. :D

Her son isn't a former player. Different deacmom.

Newb.

Right, i remember the name from the scout boards, haven't seen her post in a while. I'm not calling her out, or questioning what she knows. I'm just saying that on the suface, just saying that you are plugged in doesn't really mean much on a somewhat anonymous message board.

- Due to bojangle's last post, i guess i don't remember her posting on scout.

Right, i remember the name from the scout boards, haven't seen her post in a while. I'm not calling her out, or questioning what she knows. I'm just saying that on the suface, just saying that you are plugged in doesn't really mean much on a somewhat anonymous message board.

- Due to bojangle's last post, i guess i don't remember her posting on scout.

You probably do, the person named DeacMom on this site is not the same as the DeacMom from Scout. Her name on scout, which I can't entirely remember, had App in the name. She postly infrequently there too.

ETA: I am also positive that this version of DeacMom's husband is on the side line in one of these pictures (I know which one, but am protecting identity on the off chance someone recognizes faces in these).

um38.jpg

aa11.jpg

um30.jpg

Last edited:
Her son isn't a former player. Different deacmom.

Oh, nevermind then. Bad assumption on my part. :thumbsup:

We need to retire some names around here so that can't be taken but by their original owners. :D

Back to the original topic of the kid decomitting from Duke to ASU:
The lure of Di is obvious, but at APP you're playing for national championships (vs. the "dream" of 6 wins and a minor bowl), at a place where football is king (vs. an embarassment to endure before hoops start), in front of 30K fans wearing gold & black (vs. in front of 20K with 1/2 in the other school's colors), in a beautiful stadium carved in the side of a mountain (vs. a horseshoe dug in the ground) and living in Boone vs. Durham. Plus, APP probably has more players in the NFL than Duke if that is a goal. Not that shocking a decision.

No, I didn't have a son play a sport at Wake. Ha ha. You are confusing me with another person but I did post a couple of times on Scout.
I do know for a fact that Chris Moore is calling the offense and I know that his daddy wants Chria to be the next head coach , which simply isn't going to happen.
It is nice that we are ALL so well-connected. Ha ha

Back to the original topic of the kid decomitting from Duke to ASU:
The lure of Di is obvious, but at APP you're playing for national championships (vs. the "dream" of 6 wins and a minor bowl), at a place where football is king (vs. an embarassment to endure before hoops start), in front of 30K fans wearing gold & black (vs. in front of 20K with 1/2 in the other school's colors), in a beautiful stadium carved in the side of a mountain (vs. a horseshoe dug in the ground) and living in Boone vs. Durham. Plus, APP probably has more players in the NFL than Duke if that is a goal. Not that shocking a decision.

Good points all around. Also, as a three star athlete, going to App has a greater chance for you to be a star and do well in your conference overall. Even if you don't develop into a superstar, being the leading rusher at App will get more accolades than being a mediocre back in the ACC.

No, I didn't have a son play a sport at Wake.

You've chosen the past board moniker of a legendary Wake Forest poster and generally great woman that many of us knew outside of the boards as well. Sorry for the confusion. :thumbsup:

You've chosen the past board moniker of a legendary Wake Forest poster and generally great woman that many of us knew outside of the boards as well. Sorry for the confusion. :thumbsup:

Yeah it is confusing with all the people that switched too. I still don't know who all was who on the old vs here.

honestly we need to aspire to be app st rather than take them down

Yeah it is confusing with all the people that switched too. I still don't know who all was who on the old vs here.

We need a translation thread for those who have admitted to their old names or who have been outed. Would help a lot.

Start with admitting that I'm correct.

Ok, you're right. And our basketball team should aspire to being like Kentucky Wesleyan (then again, that might actually be an improvement at current).

Wait, no, you're wrong.

You probably do, the person named DeacMom on this site is not the same as the DeacMom from Scout. Her name on scout, which I can't entirely remember, had App in the name. She postly infrequently there too.

ETA: I am also positive that this version of DeacMom's husband is on the side line in one of these pictures (I know which one, but am protecting identity on the off chance someone recognizes faces in these).

um38.jpg

aa11.jpg

um30.jpg

Dude with the blue bandana?

Back