• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke 3 star RB decommits, and commits to...

Yeah I'd fire them all just on the reason that quick doesn't get 12-15 targets a game. I have never seen a defender catch a ball targeted to him that wasn't under thrown. He will be a great receiver in the nfl for years to come and ASU would rather run draws and dives.

Moore will be retiring before they move up. You heard it here first.

He should. That will be a terrible decision if ASU moves up. ASU fans can compete with the best fair weather fans in the country. The program will regress if it happens, mark it down. If they were smart they would sit in 1-AA until we win at least 2 more. Keep giving the fans their shot at glory by playing a BCS school once a year and stay put.

He should. That will be a terrible decision if ASU moves up. ASU fans can compete with the best fair weather fans in the country. The program will regress if it happens, mark it down. If they were smart they would sit in 1-AA until we win at least 2 more. Keep giving the fans their shot at glory by playing a BCS school once a year and stay put.

They should also wait a few more years and see how the super-conference deal plays out. Making a jump up a level, and then having the 64 team super conference happen 1-4 years later would totally ruin them IMO.

If I had it to do over again, I would go to Happy Appy. I went to Blowing Rock for vacation a couple of months ago, and spent several evenings in Boone. Nobody has a care in the world there; everybody just walks around and has fun. I think I was the only person in town who had a collared shirt on. I had an old golf shirt on and a pair of jeans, and was overdressed.

but you would have been sucked into the Boone vortex and might still be up there right now

Moore will be retiring before they move up. You heard it here first.

It wouldn't surprise me. Once in awhile I run across their weekly TV thing and in his interviews you can tell he's slowing a little bit.

Yeah I'd fire them all just on the reason that quick doesn't get 12-15 targets a game. I have never seen a defender catch a ball targeted to him that wasn't under thrown. He will be a great receiver in the nfl for years to come and ASU would rather run draws and dives.

that shit fucking infuriates me.

It wouldn't surprise me. Once in awhile I run across their weekly TV thing and in his interviews you can tell he's slowing a little bit.

A lot of the heavy hitters (i.e. people on the panel and board) pretty much view it as a pre-req. They actually thought he should have retired after the last championship- he goes out on top and it makes them more attractive as a school for another coach.

People were also calling for his head after the '04 season too. Just pointing that out.

I agree with this.

If we were smart we would throw the kitchen sink at Scott Satterfield. He was the architect of the offense that won 3 National Titles and is doing a good job at FIU. The problem is he makes twice as OC there as Moore makes as head coach at App. I can't believe I am saying that because I went to school with Stterfield (lived right beside him my Freshman year) and he was a DOOOOOOOOOCHE. However, he seems to be a young shinning star in the coaching world.

Also, Jackson is not the answer at QB IMO. I hear we have another stud QB waiting to take his spot. I hope.

A lot of the heavy hitters (i.e. people on the panel and board) pretty much view it as a pre-req. They actually thought he should have retired after the last championship- he goes out on top and it makes them more attractive as a school for another coach.

That would have been dumb. Retire before Armanti's senior year? Only a fool would have done that. Hindsight is 20/20 but no one would have put money on ASU not winning that 4th title

That would have been dumb. Retire before Armanti's senior year? Only a fool would have done that. Hindsight is 20/20 but no one would have put money on ASU not winning that 4th title

No not like immediately, that was when the talk started. As in give it one more go, let Armanti finish up and retire on top. Sorry it was unclear.

Noone was like "whelp he won- get out of here now!" It was more of a "well we have another hsot next year, lets see how that plays out, and then start seeing when he will wind down and retire."

Last edited:
People were also calling for his head after the '04 season too. Just pointing that out.

This is more of an internal "he is old, we are making a move that will require a lot of energy" etc. talk than a "omg we aren't winning this year :willynilly:" type reaction.

No not like immediately, that was when the talk started. As in give it one more go, let Armanti finish up and retire on top. Sorry it was unclear.

ahh understood. Jerry is the icon of Boone but it may be time. Seriously, the OC is the worst ive ever seen. I was boo'ing with the best of them on saturday and I never do that. It was simply pathetic.

And we would have if Quick makes a catch that he makes 9/10.

Actually, it was not sarcasm on my part about calling for a new coach. I love Jerry Moore, but he is 70 years old and he is past his prime. If anyone heard him on the post-game you would know what I am talking about. Hard to recruit good players when no one really knows how long Jerry will be there either.
Added to that, ASU does not have an 'offensive coordinator'. They have Jerry's son directing the offense-a MAJOR problem as he is just not good.

Back