• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke 3 star RB decommits, and commits to...

I wish to resend my tone in how I responded to DeacMom. While I still think it is highly unlikely that our decision to move to 1A was at all in response to UNC-C, based on the Neg Reps I received DeacMom has some sort of inside track on App Football. My response was purely my opinion and if I have learned anything on this board it is that I am often wrong. I still don't think I am on this but perhaps I am and my tone was dickish.

Actually, it was not sarcasm on my part about calling for a new coach. I love Jerry Moore, but he is 70 years old and he is past his prime. If anyone heard him on the post-game you would know what I am talking about. Hard to recruit good players when no one really knows how long Jerry will be there either.
Added to that, ASU does not have an 'offensive coordinator'. They have Jerry's son directing the offense-a MAJOR problem as he is just not good.

Jerry's son Chris is not directing the offense. Brad Glenn is mostly in charge. But there in lies the problem. Wake fans don't like having 2 OC's try having 3. Its a total cluster. Chris Moore, in my opinion, is not a very good coach. He is only on staff cause of his dad.

Glenn, the main play caller, we hired from a high school, after he left Elon to go back to HS coaching.

Glenn started his coaching career as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Greer (S.C.) High School from 1995-2000. He helped lead Greer to a 25-3 overall record and back-to-back South Carolina Upper-State runner-up finishes in 1999 and 2000 before taking his first collegiate job as the tight ends coach at Elon. He spent one season at Elon (2001) and two as the offensive coordinator at North Greenville College (2002-03) before moving back to the high-school ranks as the offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach at Seneca H.S. in his hometown of Seneca, S.C. (2004).

Last edited:
No matter what Moore decides to do (and it will be his decision) he is one of the classiest individual in collage sports. He "recruited" a buddy of mine after he separated both his shoulders in high school. Before his injuries he was getting looks form some major D1A schools but App was the only school to look at him after and even then it was as a walk on (because they knew he was coming to App anyway). He declined. 4 years later as he and I were walking across campus we passed Moore. Moore immediately recognized him (I was shocked because he had put on 30 lbs since his Sr in HS). He made a point to stop and talk to him for a while and ask about his family. He is a great football coach but an even better man.

Sounds like the mythical Dean Smith character that UNC fans often fantasize about.

I think Jerry's base is a little more than the 180k figure from earlier in the thred, but his total compensation is more like 300k-400k i think. Just like Grobe's base salary is like 400-500k, but total compensation is like 2.5 million.

Would be great to get Satterfield and Shawn Elliot back. That would take quite the convincing since Elliot makes more as Oline coach than Moore does as head coach. And Elliot's contract was structured so that it goes up every year for the 3-5 years of the contract.

Lambert makes a good bit more at UNCC and he's never coached a game.

ETA: dubs' figure seems more likely to me, that would make more sense.

I think Jerry's base is a little more than the 180k figure from earlier in the thred, but his total compensation is more like 300k-400k i think. Just like Grobe's base salary is like 400-500k, but total compensation is like 2.5 million.

Would be great to get Satterfield and Shawn Elliot back. That would take quite the convincing since Elliot makes more as Oline coach than Moore does as head coach. And Elliot's contract was structured so that it goes up every year for the 3-5 years of the contract.

Pretty sure that's not true. Wake doesn't have to play the same games public schools do.

I wish to resend my tone in how I responded to DeacMom. While I still think it is highly unlikely that our decision to move to 1A was at all in response to UNC-C, based on the Neg Reps I received DeacMom has some sort of inside track on App Football. My response was purely my opinion and if I have learned anything on this board it is that I am often wrong. I still don't think I am on this but perhaps I am and my tone was dickish.

Classy post. :thumbsup: And no way would I neg rep a fellow Stern fan.

Not sure its games, i think its just that his check's come from different places. One is from WFU, one from Deacon Club, one from IMG, one from Nike, etc. I'm not positive about that though. I think the highest paid employees at Wake begin with the new CEO of the Medical Center and/or new Dean of School of Med and they make like a million. But i could be wrong about all of that.

After winning his first natty, I ran into Coach Moore at the Tanger Outlets in BR while I was panic shopping before heading back to Winston for Christmas Break as a Freshman. He introduced himself after we made eye contact and he called his wife over to help me out. Great man. Having said that, it is time for a change in Boone. He took App to new heights but by the time I had graduated it seemed like the complacency had trickled down from the coaching staff to the players.

Not sure its games, i think its just that his check's come from different places. One is from WFU, one from Deacon Club, one from IMG, one from Nike, etc. I'm not positive about that though. I think the highest paid employees at Wake begin with the new CEO of the Medical Center and/or new Dean of School of Med and they make like a million. But i could be wrong about all of that.

He's listed for over $2mm on Wake's tax return. I don't believe the Deacon Club isn't a legally separate entity from Wake as is the case with public schools.

No offense taken. Yes, I do have quite an inside track to App Football. UNC-C's football program is by no means the only reason for ASU looking to move up; but it did help motivate the conversation.
Like I said, I love Jerry Moore, but the time has come to go out with his head high. He is one of the classiest people I have ever known and he loves his 'boys.'

That said, this is the Wake Forest sports board so we should probably get back to that topic. (I hate that Wake doesn't play ASU in football anymore, by the way. What a great game that was every year!)

He's listed for over $2mm on Wake's tax return. I don't believe the Deacon Club isn't a legally separate entity from Wake as is the case with public schools.

Ok, probably the case. I was pretty sure that i heard there were two different numbers for his pay. But i don't know. If somebody else knows for sure, that would be great, now i'm interested.

Ok, probably the case. I was pretty sure that i heard there were two different numbers for his pay. But i don't know. If somebody else knows for sure, that would be great, now i'm interested.

Oh I am sure he gets Nike money separately. I think the camp money is funneled through Wake though I could be wrong.

That said, this is the Wake Forest sports board so we should probably get back to that topic. (I hate that Wake doesn't play ASU in football anymore, by the way. What a great game that was every year!)

I don't. I hated that game...no win situation for me.

Jerry's son Chris is not directing the offense. Brad Glenn is mostly in charge. But there in lies the problem.

As someone else on this thread has realized, Deacmom knows more about the who's and what's of App State than anyone else around here. IIRC, there are 3 NC college coaching staffs she could tell you plenty about. Is that right Deacmom?

UNC-C's football program is by no means the only reason for ASU looking to move up; but it did help motivate the conversation.

Much like Duke's new coach and facilities were largely motivated by Wake Forest. Sure, Wake wasn't the only reason, but it certainly helped get the ball rolling.

As someone else on this thread has realized, Deacmom knows more about the who's and what's of App State than anyone else around here. IIRC, there are 3 NC college coaching staffs she could tell you plenty about. Is that right Deacmom?

Much like Duke's new coach and facilities were largely motivated by Wake Forest. Sure, Wake wasn't the only reason, but it certainly helped get the ball rolling.

Well, i don't know who DeacMom is, and she may very well be Jerry's wife, but just saying on a message board that you are plugged in to the program doesn't really prove anything. Not trying to get into a pissing match, just saying.

Well, i don't know who DeacMom is, and she may very well be Jerry's wife, but just saying on a message board that you are plugged in to the program doesn't really prove anything. Not trying to get into a pissing match, just saying.

No, I am not Jerry's wife. And I am not trying to prove anything; just stating what I know to be true. Just saying....

No, lots of people were really pissed at where the program was in '04. We went 6-6 and got blown out a ton. He was looking old, needed a couple new knees. Folks thought his best days were behind him.

I was clarifying what I was talking about with regards to the reactions after the last national championship. Has nothing to do with 2004. Trust me, those talks were going on as I know several people very close to the situation.

Turns out I know DeacMom.

Last edited:
No, I am not Jerry's wife. And I am not trying to prove anything; just stating what I know to be true. Just saying....

:rofl: She is most DEFINITELY not married to Jerry.

I can also confirm that she has connections at App.

Last edited:
Back