• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke 3 star RB decommits, and commits to...

Since this has turned into an App thread...

Did you guys see that DJ Smith is starting (and wearing the communication helmet) for the Packers. He led the team in tackles on Sunday (I think). I hope he holds on to that spot until the Packers play the Bears on Sunday Night Football. "D J Smith Appalachian State". I don't think I have heard that since Coakly played for the Cowboys (my worst nightmare).

yep, enjoyed the ASU shout out for DJ yesterday and the WF s/o for Alphonso

Jayson Hunter is also having a good year for Denver. Now when the Skins take Quick high in the 3rd all will be right in the world.

I'm a pretty big APP follower (after the Deacs of course), and earlier in the year I was thinking ASU alum Everett Withers would be a good replacement for Moore. But then Withers threw in his WalMart Hole Fan-like comments about "our" academics vs. NCSU's, and that killed it for me.

Part of the push for ASU moving up is the fact that UNC-C now has football and they have already laid out their plan for moving up. App can't be left behind.
As for Withers being the next coach: HA! won't happen now for sure. He ruined that chance when he handed the game ball to Davis. Stupid move....
And, to echo Bojanglefunk: Yes, the powers that be at ASU are ready for a change in the head coach (and the offensive line coach, too). We sent Satterfield and Elliott out into the world to gain experience so perhaps we will be able to lure one of them back.
It was a sad day when the crowd booed the team last Saturday. That hasn't happened in a LONG time. People are frustrated....

Part of the push for ASU moving up is the fact that UNC-C now has football and they have already laid out their plan for moving up.

Having a plan and having that plan actually be a good idea are two different things.

Part of the push for ASU moving up is the fact that UNC-C now has football and they have already laid out their plan for moving up. App can't be left behind.

Ridiculous...The folks in Boone hardly know and definitely don't care what UNC-C is doing in with their planed football program.

I for one would be ok with dropping Jerry at this point in his career. Yes he is the tradition of the ASU program but he is past his time. The ASU offensive coordinator is worse than Lobo, and I know that is hard to believe. The team was uninspired all season. Controlling your destiny to win the conference and a top 2 seed in the tournament and then crapping the bed against Furman is unacceptable, especially when its a road game with more of your fans than the home team. App is going in the wrong direction and they are going their quickly.

You've got to be kidding me. Jerry Moore didn't suddenly forgot how to coach football just because he hasn't won a natty in a few years.

Ridiculous...The folks in Boone hardly know and definitely don't care what UNC-C is doing in with their planed football program.

Shows how little you know about App football. Yes, they DEFINITELY know and DEFINITELY care about UNC-Charlotte football.

They know and are watching but nothing they are doing is dictating anything at app.

Based on her comments it sounds like she closely follows the program and was at the game on Saturday. Maybe they didn't care about UNC-C when you were in school because UNC-C only had basketball. Times change. Anyway, I hardly see how her comment is "ridiculous". In fact, I think it's ridiculous you think it's ridiculous.

Based on her comments it sounds like she closely follows the program and was at the game on Saturday. Maybe they didn't care about UNC-C when you were in school because UNC-C only had basketball. Times change. Anyway, I hardly see how her comment is "ridiculous". In fact, I think it's ridiculous you think it's ridiculous.

It was hyperbole on my part to say they don't know that UNC-C is starting a football program. Of course they know. But to think that App is making any decisions based on what UNC-C is doing is...ridiculous.

You've got to be kidding me. Jerry Moore didn't suddenly forgot how to coach football just because he hasn't won a natty in a few years.

Sure, but he may have lost the drive, just like athletes and anyone else who is successful at their job can and do. Or maybe he's just been surpassed by others who have worked harder while he sat on his success. Being successful in the past is no guarantee of success going forward for anyone.

No matter what Moore decides to do (and it will be his decision) he is one of the classiest individual in collage sports. He "recruited" a buddy of mine after he separated both his shoulders in high school. Before his injuries he was getting looks form some major D1A schools but App was the only school to look at him after and even then it was as a walk on (because they knew he was coming to App anyway). He declined. 4 years later as he and I were walking across campus we passed Moore. Moore immediately recognized him (I was shocked because he had put on 30 lbs since his Sr in HS). He made a point to stop and talk to him for a while and ask about his family. He is a great football coach but an even better man.

This is more of an internal "he is old, we are making a move that will require a lot of energy" etc. talk than a "omg we aren't winning this year :willynilly:" type reaction.

No, lots of people were really pissed at where the program was in '04. We went 6-6 and got blown out a ton. He was looking old, needed a couple new knees. Folks thought his best days were behind him.

Back