• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

duke Game Thread (Thursday, 7:30, ESPN)

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
Let’s go ahead and move on. This game looks winnable. Leonard is playing right now but Duke is down 17-0 at half against Louisville.

At this point I'm going to look and see who the starting QB is at the beginning of the game. If it's Mitch, I will turn off the TV and go on about my Saturday. If Clawson doesn't care, then neither will I

What’s the injury situation look like for Thursday? Mustapha?

@The Gopher I feel like we owe you an apology. For the past 7 seasons, we’ve been one of the most fun teams in the country to watch (with a frustrating, non-existent defense). Now you just have endless hand wringing about which sub-par QB would be better at holding on to the to ball as the line collapses.

Mitch will start. Duke's offense isn't very good, so if can avoid mistakes we should be able to stay in the game. Hopefully we see 3rd Q Mitch against Duke. That would give us a chance to win.

What?!?!?
3rd Q Mitch was still bad.
He completed some passes and led the team on 2 scoring drives against the starters of a really good defense and was actually decisive and elusive in the pocket once and broke containment on a big scramble that led to a touchdown. If he can actually make some plays we have a chance.

I had no idea we would have an offense this lifeless. The defense is years ahead of where they have been and now the offense has gone to pot.
Did we have a chance to get Haynes King or Riley Leonard or did we just think Mitch was the answer?

I had no idea we would have an offense this lifeless. The defense is years ahead of where they have been and now the offense has gone to pot.
Did we have a chance to get Haynes King or Riley Leonard or did we just think Mitch was the answer?
Riley Leonard has never been in the transfer portal.

No idea if we could’ve gotten Haynes King

i take nothing from that game. we were down 36-7. The dogs were called off...
FSU is playing for the playoffs. They didn't call off the dogs. The key to keeping them from running up the score in the 2nd half, is that we maintained possession and they had a couple of drives that had a bunch of penalties.

Mitch played better in the 2nd half after a godawful first half. He is going to be our QB next week so hopefully he got some confidence and it carries over.

Back