• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

duke Game Thread (Thursday, 7:30, ESPN)

The Steelers activated Sciba for one game last year when Boswell had an injury.

Sciba went 2-2 on FGs and converted his only extra point in the Steelers' loss to the Eagles. None of his four kickoffs reached the end zone, and one went OOB for a penalty.

Sciba was an ideal kicker for a college offense that excels between the 20s and struggles in the red zone. NFL kickers need to kick 50+ yard FGs on possessions that stall past midfield and kick game winning 45+ yarders.

Sciba would be great for my NFL emergency kicker program though.

I wonder how good our kickoff guy is on FG's? He's done a really good job on kickoffs this year. I don't know the stats, but I'm sure our touchback percentage is way up, which is important since we still struggle in kick coverage.

I wonder how good our kickoff guy is on FG's? He's done a really good job on kickoffs this year. I don't know the stats, but I'm sure our touchback percentage is way up, which is important since we still struggle in kick coverage.
He's been the best we have had in a few years. He does seem to have fallen off a little but that is understandable this late in the season.

We need to return to lessons learned in 2015 about footballs, pressure, temperature, and distance traveled.

Did he ever get a chance in the NFL? If not, I don't get it.
Not enough leg strength for NFL teams. He can't put kickoffs into the endzone, nor have a shot a making 55 yard field goals. Making every field goal from 53 yards and shorter just didn't make any NFL coaches dream ticket.

Back