• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

duke Game Thread (Thursday, 7:30, ESPN)

yeah a bit lower on total qbr (58 vs 53), looks like a bigger difference on pff. a bad sign that in the game he “played well”, he still graded as a below average qb. i thought he would been higher.

my guess is the issue is his pass attempts are overwhelmingly short in terms of air yards and the longer ones are generally inaccurate, which is why is big time throw rate is so poor.

I guess in a positive light - it's really hard to lose a game when you are that much better in Net Success Rate than the other team.

Would guess that's one of the highest spreads all year for a losing team.

Fluky loss.

would imagine Mitch's PFF numbers through 3 quarters were well above average. If we had just run the ball on first and 5 from midfield on what should have been the last play of the third quarter...

would imagine Mitch's PFF numbers through 3 quarters were well above average. If we had just run the ball on first and 5 from midfield on what should have been the last play of the third quarter...
Some guys want the ball in their hands when the game is on the line and some guys inexplicably lose their grip and turn it over….

I guess in a positive light - it's really hard to lose a game when you are that much better in Net Success Rate than the other team.

Would guess that's one of the highest spreads all year for a losing team.

Fluky loss.

Bad night for Dennis to get the FG yips. :(

hot take: many of Dennis's FGs look pretty ugly to me even when they go through the uprights

hotter take: if we had been up 27-21, I would have fully expected dook to score a TD for the win at the end

All in all, Dennis has been fairly solid, but he's a step down from Nick Sciba for sure.

Genuine question for y'all that show up to games in person-- are you typically able to see if a field goal is good or not? It might just be because I usually sit at the end zones but I always struggle to see it for whatever reason.

Back