• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

duke Game Thread (Thursday, 7:30, ESPN)

I do think Clawson was saving Santino for the Duke game, thinking we had no chance against FSU.... But man that shit is frustrating to give a team no chance and you could tell from player's body language they were frustrated too. Probably the strategic thing to do but man something just sits bad with me not trying to go out and give your team their best shot to win every game.
I can't see Clawson "saving" Marucci for the Duke game when Marucci wasn't even a QB for us a few months ago. I don't think Clawson is a bad coach or dumb - I just think he is at a loss as to what to do about our QB sitch. Griffis has proven he is not a gamer but Clawson gets to see them every day at practice and Griffis probably outperforms Marucci at practice everyday, so it is confusing. I don't think Marucci is any kind of saviour here but you might as well give him extended time with real preparation to see what he can do.

I don't think Marucci is any kind of saviour here but you might as well give him extended time with real preparation to see what he can do.
Here's what we DO know. Griffis is not capable of filling the QB1 position. Clawson knows this. As you stated, he's not dumb.
How he plans to fix it in the off-season will be interesting to follow. Something must change and I'm not so sure he's not going to need to promise a change to keep key players from the portal.

Klubnik will probably be available after their fanbase finishes giving him the DJU treatment. Uianagiloielei has worked out well for Oregon State.

There may be some solid disgruntled Power 5 QBs available. We currently have a D-II QB room at best.

I forgot I agreed to go to this game before I knew how bad we were

My wife and I are going to game and we were wondering whether we would be the only people there...

So the Deacs didn’t lose State as an annual opponent after all? Before expansion wasn’t the expectation that their annual game was gone under the no division setup?

Klubnik will probably be available after their fanbase finishes giving him the DJU treatment. Uianagiloielei has worked out well for Oregon State.

There may be some solid disgruntled Power 5 QBs available. We currently have a D-II QB room at best.
Yeah this is where i am - there is waaaaay more supply than demand for D1 QBs. I’d be a little surprised if there wasn’t a piece of paper or excel file that Dave has of potential targets for next year. either Power 5 guys who can’t get off the bench or G5/FCS guy that wants a bigger platform. There are guys out there just gotta find the right one. And he’s gotta do it quickly or that WR room is gonna exit real quick.

I can’t imagine there being more than 15k in attendance for this one.

So the Deacs didn’t lose State as an annual opponent after all? Before expansion wasn’t the expectation that their annual game was gone under the no division setup?
If there was no expansion and they stuck with the scheduling model that started this year then the rivalry would’ve skipped some years. Just so happened that we played state in year 1 of the schedule, but they would’ve dropped off next year or the year after

Both teams combined give up 45.6 in conference. Both team combined score 33.6 in conference.

Back