• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

The projected win percentage by advanced stats tomorrow will be over 95 percent for sure. Probably 98 percent plus. Teams don’t roll an opponent for over 300 yards and are “lucky to win”

Wake was lucky to win a game they outgained the opponent by over 300 yards? No. This is dumb. Duke was lucky be within 20 points.

This is correct. Duke was within 20 points due to our coaching. You can say good or bad. Yes we won. But jeez some bad decisions on our side.

Also just got back from game and the douchebag Duke asst with the long hair and shitty mustache: you are a pussy and it’s pretty lame how many times you gestures at fans in the stands at us without backing it up. We would have beat your ass.

Almost as embarrassing as our crowd tonight.

The entire first half was a bone drenching rain in the forties. I was wearing ski pants and jacket and was still miserable by halftime. I cannot fault people for not going tonight - young kids, senior adults. The few young families I saw there had to give up pretty quickly. On the other hand, I.barely have a voice left (and I’m not so young myself )

This is correct. Duke was within 20 points due to our coaching. You can say good or bad. Yes we won. But jeez some bad decisions on our side.

Also just got back from game and the douchebag Duke asst with the long hair and shitty mustache: you are a pussy and it’s pretty lame how many times you gestures at fans in the stands at us without backing it up. We would have beat your ass.

I mean I don’t even think it was a case where we got out coached or anything. The second kickoff was dumb because we saw we can’t cover. That’s one mistake and one that only gets punished one every 15-20+ times. It’s wild variance in addition to just being a mistake.

We had the better staff today overall and it’s not close.

I mean I don’t even think it was a case where we got out coached or anything. The second kickoff was dumb because we saw we can’t cover. That’s one mistake and one that only gets punished one every 15-20+ times. It’s wild variance in addition to just being a mistake.

We had the better staff today overall and it’s not close.

I’m not calling it gross negligence and we didn’t get out coached. We should have kicked the extra point. And it was terrible that we took walker out on third down when we had third down after he had killed duke on that drive and to split Newman out and direct snap to Cade. Hate that play and there was no reason for that there. We took the ball out of the hands of our biggest offensive threat and ran a very one dimensional play. But we didn’t get out coached. It is the coaches fault though anytime you almost triple offensive yards and it’s still close at the end. But we won so🤷‍♂️

Weather wise, this was a flip from the FSU game. It started raining again right after the game ended.

I am glad to be home and dry. And despite some odd decisions, I am glad we have Clawson and not Cutcliffe. Guy is soft.

Great performance by the offenese.

Glad to see some wrinkles in the offense after the rain started letting down. That swing pass would have een a huge play if it was executed correctly. It was so open.

I still don't understand some of our situational playcalling. I think the Hinton running package could have been used in the redzone all year.

Carney continues to be overutilized. I am glad he came up big on that clinching drive, but Walker is the real deal.

And for god sakes sky kick it, How many huge plays are we going to give up when the sky kick usually has them starting on the 28?

Glad for the team and particularly the seniors. Lets get ACC win 5 next week.

Last edited:
ACC really needs to review all of those fake Dook injuries. The pattern was blatant: the player would run off without help and return the next play and it was positions where Duke routinely subbed.

Great performance by the offenese.

Glad to see some wrinkles in the offense after the rain started letting down. That swing pass would have een a huge play if it was executed correctly. It was so open.

I still don't understand some of our situational playcalling. I think the Hinton running package could have been used at the goaline.

Carney continues to be overutilized. I am glad he came up big on that clinching drive, but Walker is the real deal.

And for god sakes sky kick it, How many huge plays are we going to give up when the sky kick usually has them starting on the 28?

Hinton running wasn’t a “package” so much as it was clear than Newman was still ok to play and they didn’t want to have to go with Sam for one play.

Hinton running wasn’t a “package” so much as it was clear than Newman was still ok to play and they didn’t want to have to go with Sam for one play.

Hinton taking snap there was perfect. No issue with that. I’d like to see more of that actually if they insist on direct snapping to someone other than Jamie. Hinton could even throw occasionally.

Was there, but had to leave at halftime due to a gear failure in our group—not the kind of night to be out there wet. Gloves are worthless in the rain, so went with disposable hand warmers in the jacket pockets. Worked like a charm.

Duke fortunate we didn’t hang another 59 on them again. The two early possessions deep in Duke territory with no points, Ja’Sir Taylor causing the fumble on the blitz just before the half that they recovered, Newman missing the long pass in the 3rd quarter.

Kenneth Walker is the second coming of Chris Barclay. Slippery as hell, keeps the feet churning.

Glad that Cade punched one in to seal it.

I’m not calling it gross negligence and we didn’t get out coached. We should have kicked the extra point. And it was terrible that we took walker out on third down when we had third down after he had killed duke on that drive and to split Newman out and direct snap to Cade. Hate that play and there was no reason for that there. We took the ball out of the hands of our biggest offensive threat and ran a very one dimensional play. But we didn’t get out coached. It is the coaches fault though anytime you almost triple offensive yards and it’s still close at the end. But we won so

Yeah just saw a couple people on twitter say we got outcoached which I found silly. Going for two was definitely right though. Being up 6 compared to 5 doesn’t matter.

How do we have no pressure on the punter but also have zero blockers set up for our PR?

That one kick early in the 2nd half when there was like 6 Duke players running straight at Hinton and no Wake players within 25 yards. WTF.

Back