• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

Clawson's postgame comments. "Our kickoff coverage is atrocious". Always appreciate that Dave cuts through the BS. I think it's also clear that Clawson, for whatever reason, absolutely cannot stand David Cutcliffe.

Clawson's postgame comments. "Our kickoff coverage is atrocious". Always appreciate that Dave cuts through the BS. I think it's also clear that Clawson, for whatever reason, absolutely cannot stand David Cutcliffe.

Watched the whole thing. Where are you getting anything about Cut? Maybe I missed it.

Whatever reason would Dave have to dislike Cutcliffe? Aside from him being a pompous, arrogant, condescending jerk, I mean.

Whatever reason would Dave have to dislike Cutcliffe? Aside from him being a pompous, arrogant, condescending jerk, I mean.

Yeah and last year after we butt rammed them Cut wouldn’t even stop for 2 seconds to shake Clawsons hand.

FWIW, I saw them talking at midfield pregame. I think Clawson introduced his daughter to him.

I am glad I went, but that was some miserable shit particularly in the 1st half.

Amen! That was probably one of the crappiest Wake home games I've been to. I seem to remember a Vandy home game years ago that was pretty bad as well.

Amen! That was probably one of the crappiest Wake home games I've been to. I seem to remember a Vandy home game years ago that was pretty bad as well.
That's probably just because it was Vandy.

It was a brutally ugly night at the stadium but was actually surprised at how many were there. And Cade Carney mentioned the same thing in his post game interview. He was surprised and happy with how many showed up. Good enough for me.

My group of 4 (was originally going to be 12) will talk about last nights game for a long time.

That game was cold but I don’t think was rainy? Just remember UConn went up like 21 or something in the first few mins and was over
We were talking about that game while tailgating last night. That is still the most miserable Wake game I've been at given the weather and how it turned out.

dirty dook a reflection of Cutcliffe.
Although you're right, in a way, because an ethical coach would eliminate this shit, I believe it's exactly the opposite: Cutcliffe a reflection of dirty duke.

Cutcliffe is just a symptom of the larger, malevolent evil festering in Durham. duke is a disgusting institution, top to bottom, and Cutcliffe is an ideal representative for them.

dook/Wake in 79 was miserable and even more important, there were not 50 bowl games taking teams at 6-6 back then. Got to sit in the first row on the 50 yard line.

Although you're right, in a way, because an ethical coach would eliminate this shit, I believe it's exactly the opposite: Cutcliffe a reflection of dirty duke.

Cutcliffe is just a symptom of the larger, malevolent evil festering in Durham. duke is a disgusting institution, top to bottom, and Cutcliffe is an ideal representative for them.
The Stephen Miller of coaches

The end of the ‘03 season was surreal. We beat the brakes off of Clemson (the famous 45-0 halftime score) and only needed to win one of our final three games to get bowl eligible. Went down to U*NC, played completely uninspired, Ronnie McGill ran for about 250 yards, and we got beat by a team that finished 2-10. Came back to Winston and got drilled by Dan Orlovsky and UConn. I stayed at that game until early in the 3rd quarter, and when I left, there weren’t 100 people in the stands. It was damned cold and windy that day. Finished up at home against Maryland on Thanksgiving weekend and got beat again, though we didn’t play poorly. Bruce Perry ran for well over 200 yards that day, too. That was a pretty disappointing end to what should have been a bowl season.

As far as cold and wet games go, the closest comparison to last night for me was the season ending game against Vandy in ‘08. Colder than last night (temp was in the upper 30s), but the rain wasn’t nearly as heavy.

Another really cold game was the night game against Clemson in 2016. Wind was howling.

Wish I’d written this!

The Rice game during the Dooley era was even more brutal than last night. It was a day game, raining and about 35 degrees. At the end of the game, about 10 fans were in the stands on the east side and maybe 20 on the west side.

I was at that game. Very cold November game during Thanksgiving weekend. Team had obviously quit on Grobe (probably reflecting his mailing it in for years) and we got routed by vandy with very little offensive production from us. Our guys were joking and messing around on the bench while Grobe was on the 20 picking grass

Back