• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

Away game at Navy about ten or twelve years ago where it poured and there was fog and you could not see what was going on out on the field. At halftime another heavy rain cell was heading there and I got the he’ll out if there.

The Navy rain game was 2009, followed by a home game against Miami on Halloween that was the wettest game I have ever been to in Winston-Salem. It poured all day. Both games were fluke losses, particularly the Miami game. They converted on a 4th and 20 or so on the game winning drive, and we gave them a TD earlier on a muffed punt inside the 10 yard line. That ‘09 team was snakebitten—should have been a bowl team.

The Navy rain game was 2009, followed by a home game against Miami on Halloween that was the wettest game I have ever been to in Winston-Salem. It poured all day. Both games were fluke losses, particularly the Miami game. They converted on a 4th and 20 or so on the game winning drive, and we gave them a TD earlier on a muffed punt inside the 10 yard line. That ‘09 team was snakebitten—should have been a bowl team.

I was at both of those games. The Navy game was a billion times wetter than the Miami game. In fact I don't remember the Miami game being all that rainy - just kind of misty here and there. The Navy game was like watching football in a tropical storm. The rain was coming down sideways at times.

That Miami game pissed me off so bad. We have still never beaten them and have given them multiple games.

I’ve played in worse weather but that was the worst I’ve sat through, rain sideways and full on the first half, wind. Then it blows out and the temp drops 10 degrees, it was cold but nice at the end

The Rice game during the Dooley era was even more brutal than last night. It was a day game, raining and about 35 degrees. At the end of the game, about 10 fans were in the stands on the east side and maybe 20 on the west side.

I was one of the few left at the end of that game, fun times.

I forget the year but I remember sitting through a wet game against #13 GT with a dual ear infection and 103 fever. We beat them to go bowling I was on the hill we jumped the wall and people tore down the goal lost and I got hit in the head. Wouldn’t trade that memory for anything in the world. My friends sold me out because it was nasty out so I went by myself

I forget the year but I remember sitting through a wet game against #13 GT with a dual ear infection and 103 fever. We beat them to go bowling I was on the hill we jumped the wall and people tore down the goal lost and I got hit in the head. Wouldn’t trade that memory for anything in the world. My friends sold me out because it was nasty out so I went by myself

GT QB was on the radio the other morning (he has a show) and they asked about not winning the Heisman. His answer was “You can’t lose to Wake Forest in your last game and win the Heisman.”

I was at the Navy game and it was miserable but I was well lubricated.

Worst game ever was @ BC 02-05 range. I thought I’d never be warm again.

I remember that 1999 season we were thinking we needed to beat a bad Duke team the week before to make a bowl and we were down 35-0 after the 1st quarter. We fought to try to get back into the game but ended up losing by 2 TDs.

2001 Northern Illinois.

A few weeks after 9-11.

In the fog and mist. We win to go to 6-5. No bowl.

Navy game was garbage as rain and wind helped Navy. Clear lightening strikes at half time. No suspending the game.

When it finally stopped raining late in the third (should have been in a delay), we score via the Skinner pass, twice and nearly win. Ran out of time. That is why I was not surprised one bit that Army cheated in Wakeyleaks.

2001 Northern Illinois.

A few weeks after 9-11.

In the fog and mist. We win to go to 6-5. No bowl.

The Northern Illinois game was scheduled for Sept 15. Since almost all of the games that weekend were canceled, it was rescheduled for November 24. We beat them in that game but then lost to them in the opening game of the 2002 season.

I'm sure it's been posted somewhere on these boards, but I just haven't seen it yet. I realized this morning that in 2006 we lost to Clemson, VT, and... Louisville...

I'm sure it's been posted somewhere on these boards, but I just haven't seen it yet. I realized this morning that in 2006 we lost to Clemson, VT, and... Louisville...

And we beat BC, Duke, State, FSU, UNC, and Syracuse.

Back