• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke getting Ionized!

Except everyone wanted to run K out after 2 years.

Buzz isn't K. Miami is better than Iona, but our roster isn't full of burger boys either. Point is simply it can happen to anyone (which is what I said when it happened and people went bat shit).

I commented about this on a BSD article, here's my comment on how ridiculous the comparison:

"And, Jeff [Redacted] is not Coach K or Dean Smith. I wish people would quit suggesting this situation is at all analogous. If Coach K retired tomorrow, and [Redacted] won every single game [Redacted] would not catch up to K’s win total until he was 77 (that would be 17 straight national championships, not holding my breath on that one! And I am including his wins with the Nuggets). When Coach K was 60, he had 3 championships, another 7 final 4’s, 1 elite 8, and 6 Sweet 16’s. This is [Redacted]’s 10th season coaching college basketball. In Coach K’s 10th year, he went to the tournament for the second consecutive time. His 11th he went to the national championship game."

New signature line in process.

"We could hear the slap from here, HAHAHAHAHA"

Teams getting away with fouls are funny!

I commented about this on a BSD article, here's my comment on how ridiculous the comparison:

"And, Jeff [Redacted] is not Coach K or Dean Smith. I wish people would quit suggesting this situation is at all analogous. If Coach K retired tomorrow, and [Redacted] won every single game [Redacted] would not catch up to K’s win total until he was 77 (that would be 17 straight national championships, not holding my breath on that one! And I am including his wins with the Nuggets). When Coach K was 60, he had 3 championships, another 7 final 4’s, 1 elite 8, and 6 Sweet 16’s. This is [Redacted]’s 10th season coaching college basketball. In Coach K’s 10th year, he went to the tournament for the second consecutive time. His 11th he went to the national championship game."

Nobody is suggesting that Buzz is K, just that knee jerk reactions are often not correct. It can take time to get your system in place.

Rarely a more deserving rushing the court than will happen in Miami in about 20 minutes.

I have no interest in reading that book. Can you point me to the part that says everybody wanted K gone?

I don't have my copy, but it was in the first few chapters. It really is a worthwhile read.

So if Miami beats Duke by 25 and we lost to Duke by 18, Miami is gonna beat us by 43 I guess, right?

She looked a little too much like Mike for my tastes, but whatever.

so miami is undefeated in acc play and ranked. didn't they lose to some ass team at the start of the year?

Didn't Duke get similarly destroyed at Clemson a couple years ago? You don't see it very often.

What a wonderful week of basketball we are having!

Dickie V is complaining about how there's too much court storming lately. Did he watch us last night?

Back