• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke getting Ionized!

I don't have my copy, but it was in the first few chapters. It really is a worthwhile read.

Actually I just downloaded it to my Kindle to find the relevant parts.

"... a group of 'concerned Iron Dukes... had convened an impromptu meeting. The first and only item on the agenda: Fire Krzyzewski".

So I'll grant that the "Fire K" sentiment wasn't limited to just a fringe element. I still maintain it wasn't anything close to "everybody".

If GT could do the same to the Holes tonight, it would be my favorite 24 hours of basketball in years.

Plumlee just got absolutely stuffed. Love it!

It's amazing how few cut shots to K they make when Duke is losing

Actually I just downloaded it to my Kindle to find the relevant parts.

"... a group of 'concerned Iron Dukes... had convened an impromptu meeting. The first and only item on the agenda: Fire Krzyzewski".

So I'll grant that the "Fire K" sentiment wasn't limited to just a fringe element. I still maintain it wasn't anything close to "everybody".

Read the part about Pitino running the kids on the track. I think Shaka read it.

If I hear "teaching tool" one more fucking time....

How about they summarily had their asses handed to them?

Duke is looking like Cav driving to the basket against Clemson. Block city!

Duke is not a good team. They have really good players but all they do is pass the ball and shoot three point shots.

Nobody is suggesting that Buzz is K, just that knee jerk reactions are often not correct. It can take time to get your system in place.

First, if the implication is that if we fire [Redacted] now then we'll miss out on K-level success then yes that's the intent. Second, a large part of the reason many, myself included, were unhappy with the hire when it was made was because there was 0% chance that [Redacted] would be "the next Coach K", as such the comparison draws additional ire.

Also, a negative knee jerk reaction makes a hell of a lot more sense with [Redacted] (if you're talking about an individual game, which the reason you posted this thread). With K it's an aberration. With [Redacted] it's more of the same.

Last edited:
Duke is not a good team. They have really good players but all they do is pass the ball and shoot three point shots.

This is said every year, yet every now and then they rise up and win a championship.

Fire Coach K! He sucks!

And in related news, we would most definitely fire any coach who loses to a team like La Salle.

Back