• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Mosby/Nick Knott

This is what I was wondering. The punishment here seems like it's the 3rd strike for weed and given that we've heard nothing of them failing before this point that this isn't related to weed. Could it be another drug? Possibly coke? They cited the AD's policy and not Grobe's personal one so if it was weed they wouldn't just be booted off the team.

Just because we didnt hear about it doesnt mean they havent failed before. Especially when they were redshirting, they could have easily failed and it never would have made news. There are plenty of things that happen that arent ever made public unless they have to be.

There's no way these guys really both failed 3 marijuana tests in half of a season, is there? If they actually did that then they might be the most knotheaded knotheads yet.

I'd almost be impressed.

Anyway, I'm guessing it's something else, although not necessarily unrelated.

There's no way these guys really both failed 3 marijuana tests in half of a season, is there? If they actually did that then they might be the most knottheaded knottheads yet.

I'd almost be impressed.

Anyway, I'm guessing it's something else, although not necessarily unrelated.

FIFY

Just because we didnt hear about it doesnt mean they havent failed before. Especially when they were redshirting, they could have easily failed and it never would have made news. There are plenty of things that happen that arent ever made public unless they have to be.

Maybe for the first failed test we wouldn't have heard anything but we definitely would've heard about the second failed test and year's suspenpension.

first of all, I can't believe no one has made the dazed and confused parallel. signing a pledge lolz, deaccav.

Also, I imagine it was probably just their second offense and grobe doesnt care enough about them to work to get them back. Second, I wish grobe kicked dudes off the team for underage drinking as the only peeps I ever remember seeing out drinking were shitty freshman lineman who thought they were hot shit, and were actually just assholes. third, i dont think phan was attempting to get into a pissing match about pot. more that it sucks that guys get kicked off the team for it, it's a rule and you have to deal with it, that doesn't mean as a fan or phan you have to like it.

Do we know that it was pot and not a "more harmful" drug or even a completely non-drug related incident? I'm of the POV that you know the rules when you commit and you know the rules to play. It doesn't matter if they're fair or legal anywhere else.

Regardless of whether the policy makes sense or is out-dated, as long as the athletic department fully disclosed the policy, the penalties and uniformly enforces the resulting penalty, do not understand how the blame can go anywhere but on Knott and Mosby.

If the speculation is accurate that this is the 2nd or 3rd violation of the same rule, the following is obvious: a) Mosby and Knott really do not care whether or not they get kicked off the team and/or b) they lack the ability to control their use of the substance used (whether alcohol or chronic).

From a talent perspective, I am bummed that they are gone, but order and discipline is required to coach a team with 85 players. Those that repeatedly fail to follow the prescribed order and rules of discpline can not be kept on the team; otherwise, Grobe loses the moral authority and crediblity to dictate and enforce all rules and policies.

who has put the blame anywhere but on the knottheads?

Perhaps, my reading comprehension blows, but it appears that some approached this situation from the perspective that the rule prohibiting pot use is stupid, which leads to the natural conclusion that it should not have been enforced.

Perhaps, my reading comprehension blows, but it appears that some approached this situation from the perspective that the rule prohibiting pot use is stupid, which leads to the natural conclusion that it should not have been enforced.

nope. i dont think anyone took issue with that. someone did set up a stupid hypothetical that i disagreed with.

first of all, I can't believe no one has made the dazed and confused parallel. signing a pledge lolz, deaccav.

Also, I imagine it was probably just their second offense and grobe doesnt care enough about them to work to get them back. Second, I wish grobe kicked dudes off the team for underage drinking as the only peeps I ever remember seeing out drinking were shitty freshman lineman who thought they were hot shit, and were actually just assholes. third, i dont think phan was attempting to get into a pissing match about pot. more that it sucks that guys get kicked off the team for it, it's a rule and you have to deal with it, that doesn't mean as a fan or phan you have to like it.

I was going to post a picture of Randall "Pink" Floyd earlier, but I went to lunch instead.

"I might play ball this year. I might. But I'll never sign that."

Is it possible poop was involved?. . .Or is that just the basketball team?

In this day and age it is not rare for kids to possiblly be coming from families of 3 generations of recreational or regular pot use. Its difficult to shake if you see mom, dad, Or grandparents using and not using yourself once a teen. I wish there was $ for treatment if someone wants it, then a chance to be reins
tated ....JMO....

I really don't think we should jump to conclusions about what these kids did or didn't do. Grobe, the man in charge of the football program, dismissed them from the team for failing to live up to their obligations. He has been pretty fair in the past, so they must have screwed up to deserve this punishment. Second guessing Grobe or his policies makes no sense when we do not have all of the information about what happened.

Let's all move on. We now have two more scholarships to give.

I was looking at the game notes and it still has mosby listed as second string nose guard for Sat. What's the deal with that?

I was looking at the game notes and it still has mosby listed as second string nose guard for Sat. What's the deal with that?

This is the guy preparing the game notes:

Attachments

• Weed%20guy.jpg
    Weed%20guy.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 13
Back