• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke-Wake Game Thread

And your prediction was:

"There's no way Duke comes out unprepared one week after the Miami game. I predict at least a 25 point lead at some point in the 1st half, with a 15-20 point margin of victory...for Duke, obviously. "

I'm no bzz supporter, but seriously, you predict something like this, completely wrong and you can't give any credit.

I'm not sure what my prediction has to do with it. My prediction was wrong. The Deacs played great and Duke didn't come ready to dominate. So? That doesn't change the awful end game management by Bz.

chase was one missed three away from a solid 4 trillion after having a 7 (!) trillion earlier this year. i swear, that dude does nothing out there.

Bzz

- First we want to thank the student body and fans that gave us support
- dook just made some timely stops
- we had some good looks
- we just came up short, got to keep working hard
- the players are getting better and they are studying film, they need to keep getting better, they are going to turn the corner
- we made the switch for the match up (Jones starting)
- with Kelly out they want to go to Plumlee down low, he's like a pg down there, we focused on leaning to those 3pt shooter and play plumlee straight up.
- he made some tough shots down there, they made him work down there
- day off tomorrow, 7am practice before trip up to MD

[Redacted] has routinely taken the hot hand out of the game this season. He took CJ out after scoring eleven points in four minutes.

You didn't understand this you old fool. God isn't there a fucking Matlock marathon you can go watch you piece of shit.

Not a blame the refs post by any stretch but I absolutely hated that they gave Curry that bullshit call on his flop. Three point game, hotly contested with ~6 minutes to go. It's a damn shame to ruin a quality contest by letting him draw a foul falling on his ass 30 feet from the basket no matter which team you support.

I'm not sure what my prediction has to do with it. My prediction was wrong. The Deacs played great and Duke didn't come ready to dominate. So? That doesn't change the awful end game management by Bz.

So you predicted we essentially wouldn't be in the game at all. We there for the entire game (unlike State) and you are going to give no credit for even getting to the point where the end of the game mattered.

I get the whole buzzout all the time thing, but it looks pretty silly after a game like this.

I will say that it looked like we drew up that 3-point shot by Moto down three. We may not have but it looked like it from where I was sitting.

That and benching DT probably cost us the game. Bz routinely manages to take lemonade and turn it into piss.

So you predicted we essentially wouldn't be in the game at all. We there for the entire game (unlike State) and you are going to give no credit for even getting to the point where the end of the game mattered.

I get the whole buzzout all the time thing, but it looks pretty silly after a game like this.

How does another loss make wanting [Redacted] to be gone look silly?

That just doesn't compute.

I have given the team credit. Why would I give Bz credit for an anomaly of his entire career? Seems far more likely that our inspired play was the result of an up game by young freshman still learning the game than the result of Bz magically learning to coach after years and years of failure.

Lose-lose tonight. We lose the game, and the BuzzBelievers will hang this one on the refs.

Before you get all Buzz Wait And See on us, let's see how we handle a road game at Maryland. We played well tonight. The game plan was good. The freshmen are maturing and getting better. But we are not looking for an average, at best, coach to lead this program. And average, at best, is what we have.

Moto taking the most important shot of the game from 3. Haven't we been here before?

Moto taking the most important shot of the game from 3. Haven't we been here before?

I'm sure AFA did something like that at some point.

I hate [Redacted], but I refuse to believe that he drew up that play for Moto to shoot a 3. If he did, then he should commit Hari Kari.

Yeah. Shut up and enjoy our (moral) victory.

I really can't blame Coach [Redacted] for tonight. We were ready to play and played very well against a top 10 team. He had a couple of head-scratchers in terms of substitutions and that is where I think his largest downfall is. That's pretty much to be expected. It's a sad commentary on the state of our program and who our coach is, but tonight is not another indictment on our head coach in my opinion.

Yeah definitely looked like we drew that play up. There was a ballscreen near the elbow, a dive, and a kick to Moto open outside. It was good execution but makes you wonder WHY Moto was the guy who was getting the ball.

Back