• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke-Wake Game Thread

Yes, all the 'good' is the players, all the bad is 'bzz', I get it. It also gets old.

In case you haven't noticed, the reputation is earned. Your need to credit Bz with anomalies is comical. I tend to go with the more believable answer. What's more likely? A career loser of a coach who has presided over many many awful losses to inferior teams the last 2.5 sessions has a moment of zen or some young, raw, but skilled kids put together an inspired effort against the #4 team (only to see their coach fail again when it really counted)?

In case you haven't noticed, the reputation is earned. Your need to credit Bz with anomalies is comical. I tend to go with the more believable answer. What's more likely? A career loser of a coach who has presided over many many awful losses to inferior teams the last 2.5 sessions has a moment of zen or some young, raw, but skilled kids put together an inspired effort against the #4 team (only to see their coach fail again when it really counted)?

I think it was a combination of good preparation and good effort.

There really isn't a need to pin every single loss on the coaches is there? Maybe there is and I'm just off on this one.

I think it was a combination of good preparation and good effort.

There really isn't a need to pin every single loss on the coaches is there? Maybe there is and I'm just off on this one.

There are so many losses to pin on him I don't find it necessary to tag him with this one. We played inspired basketball and came up short.

We got screwed tonight but countless times down the court I saw a confused team ad-libbing an attack. This was a lesson learned for the Buzz teams in the future.. : (

There are so many losses to pin on him I don't find it necessary to tag him with this one. We played inspired basketball and came up short.

This. We were in the game until the last minute when we couldn't hit shots or get any calls. I don't think Bzz deserves the heat tonight. He's been terrible for so long that we've got more than enough ammunition without dismissing his rare decent coaching jobs.

This. We were in the game until the last minute when we couldn't hit shots or get any calls. I don't think Bzz deserves the heat tonight. He's been terrible for so long that we've got more than enough ammunition without dismissing his rare decent coaching jobs.

Correct.

ACC Sports ‏@ACCSports
RT @adam_smithTN: Mason Plumlee: “The towel boys were holding us up, too. They didn’t wipe anything up the whole night.”

LOL WUT?

#UnwipedAss
#UnwipedFloor

The sage continues. Wu-Tang. Wu-Tang.

I don't care if it is his fault or not. We needed to lose this game. Ron is looking for any reason to extend his contract, and a win over Duke probably would've solidified an extension.

Going into next year we are going to lose our two leading scorers, and with Buzz back in tow, I find it hard to believe we are going to improve any from this year unless the youngsters just play balls out.

Floor was slippery as hell, Travis about busted his ass coming down off his dunk.

Just got back from the game. Havent read the thread ... and wont. Just wanted to add my POV that the officiating made a difference tonight. Several calls on us that were questionable ... several calls on them that werent made.

I havent had the thought that the officials made any difference whatsoever in a long, long time.

And I finally saw our HC aggressively challenge an official ... and actually got a warning. That was too long in coming too.

Just got back from the game. Havent read the thread ... and wont. Just wanted to add my POV that the officiating made a difference tonight. Several calls on us that were questionable ... several calls on them that werent made.

I havent had the thought that the officials made any difference whatsoever in a long, long time.

And I finally saw our HC aggressively challenge an official ... and actually got a warning. That was too long in coming too.

Good to hear.

I don't care if it is his fault or not. We needed to lose this game. Ron is looking for any reason to extend his contract, and a win over Duke probably would've solidified an extension.

Going into next year we are going to lose our two leading scorers, and with Buzz back in tow, I find it hard to believe we are going to improve any from this year unless the youngsters just play balls out.

Travis is a junior, so we are only losing CJ.

Depends how much he truly can't stand [Redacted]. It isn't a secret that he doesn't like playing for him.

I'd put it at 20-25% that he will leave. So I don't think that he will, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if he did.

And he could make bank in Europe playing basketball easily. He is never going to play in the NBA, I don't think.

The officials made a hell of a difference in the Mercer game, we don't win that one if Bzz doesn't suck off all those refs before the game.

Depends how much he truly can't stand [Redacted]. It isn't a secret that he doesn't like playing for him.

I'd put it at 20-25% that he will leave. So I don't think that he will, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if he did.

And he could make bank in Europe playing basketball easily. He is never going to play in the NBA, I don't think.

Right, I agree with you about Europe. People just don't go pro to play in Europe.

He might as well stay here unless he truly cannot stand the man. Finish up his 4 years, be looked upon highly by Wake fans for all-time by sticking it out, and then make bank in some Euro-League.

Yeah saw a few tweets saying [Redacted] got a warning around the time of the CJ charge. I'd definitely say that was warranted given what happened on that. Just a ridiculous final few minutes of officiating given an other way pretty good basketball game. I won't say it's why we lost, because we had chances to knot the game up and even take the lead, and didn't, but it certainly impacted the final few minutes.

Back