• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke-Wake Game Thread

Wake's players have some massive stones, at least at home. Hope their road stones drop between now and the end of the year.

Well coached game for the Deacs.

Seems to me like we miss critical 3 pointers and FTs.

Duke had to get some questionable calls to win.

Agreed. Moto hits that wide open 3 and who knows what happens after that. Obvious charge on Plumlee. Refs didn't even call the foul on Moto after that to try to make it up.

This. Great effort by the team, but well fought games make me wonder what we could do, with these guys, with a competent coach...

This. I'm more #Buzzout now than I would have been after a standard 20 point loss.

Love the effort by the team. Rountree needs more minutes and Fischer should never take off his warm ups for the rest of the year.

This. I'm more #Buzzout now than I would have been after a standard 20 point loss.

And your prediction was:

"There's no way Duke comes out unprepared one week after the Miami game. I predict at least a 25 point lead at some point in the 1st half, with a 15-20 point margin of victory...for Duke, obviously. "

I'm no bzz supporter, but seriously, you predict something like this, completely wrong and you can't give any credit.

You could see Buzz benching Thomas after Cav hit the miracle and-one. Instead of swapping the guys he left the "hot hand" in. Stupid.

fuck duke.

really pumped up about the moto/thomas/mckie frontcourt next year. moto does a lot of things that leads me to think he'll be a player. shot that last 3 with confidence, just didn't hit it.

need cmm to be more aggressive. not sure about madison getting so many minutes although he competed hard tonight. was not afraid of the moment.

Love the effort by the team. Rountree needs more minutes and Fischer should never take off his warm ups for the rest of the year.

Fischer should have his scholarship revoked. He is so bad. Like Michael j fox bad. Tree should play a lot more and Cav should be an absolute emergency player. I really really like moto.

I will give Bzz credit. Defending the three and letting Plumley go nuts was not a bad strategy. Having said that, Duke missed a hell of a lot of open threes, as we did (it pretty much evened out on the perimeter). We had a legit shot at this thing and it didn't go our way. I hate losing to Duke. Another piece of my soul is torn out of me.

You could see Buzz benching Thomas after Cav hit the miracle and-one. Instead of swapping the guys he left the "hot hand" in. Stupid.

This was the worst coaches decision of the game. So bad.

Two years ago we were blown out at home by 24 on Jan 22 by Duke.

Tonight, we had a chance.

Hate that we couldn't make a few plays at the end.

[Redacted] has routinely taken the hot hand out of the game this season. He took CJ out after scoring eleven points in four minutes.

fuck duke.

really pumped up about the moto/thomas/mckie frontcourt next year. moto does a lot of things that leads me to think he'll be a player. shot that last 3 with confidence, just didn't hit it.

need cmm to be more aggressive. not sure about madison getting so many minutes although he competed hard tonight. was not afraid of the moment.

Madison got the minutes to defend the three. Part of the game plan. Not a bad game plan. But we need way more Rountree. That kid disrupts games. I'd put him in every few minutes just to screw up the opposition's offense.

Fischer should have his scholarship revoked. He is so bad. Like Michael j fox bad. Tree should play a lot more and Cav should be an absolute emergency player. I really really like moto.
Moto improves every game. If he figures it out on offense he could be an all ACC player in two years

I don't have many criticisms tonight at all really.

I will say that it looked like we drew up that 3-point shot by Moto down three. We may not have but it looked like it from where I was sitting.

Obviously a bad no-call on Plumlee, but I was happy with what I saw.

Back