• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dumbest Thing you have done recently

TARDAWG

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Returned home yesterday to from a week at the beach to find a real treat. The previous week I had rushed home from work on Friday to get packed and get the family on the road for the beach. Whenever we leave for a long period I like to remove the tray or ice bin in our freezer. Our tray and the dispenser tend to cake up a bunch of ice that causes it to have a hard time working, so I usually put it in the kitchen sink to thaw when we are out of town. Well this time I forgot to lift the “ice level” bar, and when I opened the freezer door last night about 30 lbs of ice rolls out on the floor. Great way to welcome yourself home.

just started getting into coffee, and saw the numbers 2,4,6,8 on the front of the pot and asked "is that ounces?"

Spent $500 replacing batteries in my golf cart in the mountains. I guess i didn't tighten all of the terminal bolts because I burned a terminal up the first time I took it out. Got to buy one more battery now. Waste of time and money.

Returned home yesterday to from a week at the beach to find a real treat. The previous week I had rushed home from work on Friday to get packed and get the family on the road for the beach. Whenever we leave for a long period I like to remove the tray or ice bin in our freezer. Our tray and the dispenser tend to cake up a bunch of ice that causes it to have a hard time working, so I usually put it in the kitchen sink to thaw when we are out of town. Well this time I forgot to lift the “ice level” bar, and when I opened the freezer door last night about 30 lbs of ice rolls out on the floor. Great way to welcome yourself home.

Just fill up lots of coolers! The cold ones are on TARDAWG tonight!:thumbsup:

This is like drilling a hole into your trunk to fill your gas tank rather than just using the gas cap. Why not just lift the ice arm periodically during the week, when the bin gets full and keeping the ice mixed around? No more wasting water or energy.

The dumbest thing I've done is posting on this website. Even worse, I keep doing it over and over.

One time I was forced to double-park at the local Chinese buffet, which is something I'd never done before although I'd witnessed black people do it regularly. Immediately thereafter, I thought it would be funny to turn it into a joke about race-based stereotypes on an internet forum. I caught hell for that forever.

On tapatalk, the preview for Rico's post is "One time I was forced to double-p."

It could have been anything.

WVz4lA6.jpg

My main goal is to defrost the tray itself. The ice dispenser in the door has a tiny air leak so frost builds up in the part that rotates the coil that brings the ice to the front and eventually through the opening in the door. I do not dump the ice because the ice is spoiled, I just did not have a use for it while I let the bin thaw.
This is like drilling a hole into your trunk to fill your gas tank rather than just using the gas cap. Why not just lift the ice arm periodically during the week, when the bin gets full and keeping the ice mixed around? No more wasting water or energy.

The dumbest thing I've done is posting on this website. Even worse, I keep doing it over and over.

Upon leaving work recently, a young woman had a dead battery and asked if I could jump her car. But there were other cars parked on all sides of her car except the trunk side. So there was no way for me to get my car's battery close enough to hers. I suggested why doesn't she just drive her car into the space next to my car, and then I can jump it. The look on her face was priceless -- "This guy was smart enough to get a job here?"

Upon leaving work recently, a young woman had a dead battery and asked if I could jump her car. But there were other cars parked on all sides of her car except the trunk side. So there was no way for me to get my car's battery close enough to hers. I suggested why doesn't she just drive her car into the space next to my car, and then I can jump it. The look on her face was priceless -- "This guy was smart enough to get a job here?"

Did you check the trunk to see if her battery was there? A lot of newer cars (and older BMW's) put the battery in the trunk and just have jump terminals in the engine bay.

This was about 5 years ago, but one time I paid for gas and left before pumping it. In fairness, there was guy in line in the store who told me he was on acid. Kind of bumped me off my game.

I tore off half my left big toenail trying to trim it with a dull pair of clippers and the dog barked and scared the shit out of me. I jerked up but did not release pressure on the clippers, the end.

^ We quoted the “ No Ragrets” all last week on vacation. “ Not even a letter?"

Last edited:
Back