• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dumbest Thing you have done recently

Stumbled onto r/creepy at 2:30am last weekend. Nope, never again.

what kinda stuff is on it?

tumblr_mkk1bxU8BY1rbfszco1_500.gif

This just happened:

I work on the 3rd floor of my building. I had my window open, which is right by my desk. A bee flew in the window. I swatted at the bee. When I did this, my goddamn WEDDING RING flew off my finger and directly out the window, presumably into the thick-ass ivy covering the ground in front of the building. Searched around for a while and there's no way to find it among the ivy. A facilities guy with a metal detector made a half-hearted effort. So, I just rented a metal detector for the weekend for $20 and will attempt to locate it myself tomorrow (when no one from my building will be around to see me).

This just happened:

I work on the 3rd floor of my building. I had my window open, which is right by my desk. A bee flew in the window. I swatted at the bee. When I did this, my goddamn WEDDING RING flew off my finger and directly out the window, presumably into the thick-ass ivy covering the ground in front of the building. Searched around for a while and there's no way to find it among the ivy. A facilities guy with a metal detector made a half-hearted effort. So, I just rented a metal detector for the weekend for $20 and will attempt to locate it myself tomorrow (when no one from my building will be around to see me).

it's almost guaranteed someone you know sees you with that metal detector

This just happened:

eat more ring fits skinny

This just happened:

NO. WAY. I'm sorry because that is CRAY and annoying but this is hilarious. I hope you find it! Did you throw anything else out of the window to study the trajectory?

NO. WAY. I'm sorry because that is CRAY and annoying but this is hilarious. I hope you find it! Did you throw anything else out of the window to study the trajectory?

This strategy was discussed.

I told the folks in my office and they thought it was funny (which it is). I had to tell our facilities people (who I often work with anyway, so they know me) so I could get their help. I'd prefer to keep the folks who know about it to that.

The good news is that while I can't find it, no one else is going to find it either. That ivy is thick as a deuce. It ain't going anywhere.

I lost my wedding ring tailgating at NC State the last time we played there in FB. It fucking sucked. Wife was cool about, but my buzz was gone immediately. How did it come off? Were you overly lubed?

It's always been a little loose, but not loose enough to get it resized. Probably should rethink that after I find it. At least I know it's in a particular area, so with Satan's help I should eventually be able to find it. This metal detector I rented though is COMPLICATED. Gonna have to figure out how to use it.

So I tried to use the metal detector and figured out quickly this is way too tricky for a noob. So I called a bro I found on the google who might be a little crazy but he's a ring finding pro and is meeting me at 8 am tomorrow to find it.

I argued with jhmd and lectro.

where the deuce do you (a) rent a fucking metal detector and (b) find an expert to call and come help you and (c) why do the facilities peeps have one too?!

(A) Sunbelt rents all kinds of shit.

(B) In the course of searching the google for a metal detector rental, I discovered there is a national network of bros who help find lost jewelry. Basically I think it's just slightly eccentric dudes who REALLY like to search for stuff with their metal detectors, and this gives them an excuse. And they just do it for donations. So, for example, I call this guy at 8 PM on a Friday night. He calls me an hour later and wants to start looking at 8 am sharp, even though he's 45 minutes away. Amaaaazing. I don't think he's a threat, but if I don't report back tomorrow, it means I'm in a sex dungeon somewhere.

(C) Facilities peeps maintain like 150 buildings and miles of infrastructure, so of course they have a metal detector, dingus.

(A) Sunbelt rents all kinds of shit.

(B) In the course of searching the google for a metal detector rental, I discovered there is a national network of bros who help find lost jewelry. Basically I think it's just slightly eccentric dudes who REALLY like to search for stuff with their metal detectors, and this gives them an excuse. And they just do it for donations. So, for example, I call this guy at 8 PM on a Friday night. He calls me an hour later and wants to start looking at 8 am sharp, even though he's 45 minutes away. Amaaaazing. I don't think he's a threat, but if I don't report back tomorrow, it means I'm in a sex dungeon somewhere.

(C) Facilities peeps maintain like 150 buildings and miles of infrastructure, so of course they have a metal detector, dingus.

PLEASE post a pick of this dude. I'm picturing Ashy Larry.

AshyLarry.gif

Back