• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DUNE Mafia -Game over, CIVS WIN

Fraggle Rock game was fucking sweet except that I got killed off too early and my character was a really fun independent to play.

Seriously, Nonny as Delonte West in The Decision game was my favorite indy. He had a ton of powers and almost won. You almost never see an indy win if their job is to "survive."

yeah claiming in a game as wide open as that, especially where roles don't necessarily matchup with conceptions (you were T.O. if I remember and the angel) is alright.

my problem with theme games where everyone has a role but you can't claim is it puts a lot of onus on the mod to make decisions about who to kill based on hinting etc. can be pretty tedious.

i think the ratio of standardish games with roles posted etc and then mixing in a bigger fun theme game once a month or so would be good.

I was T.O. I mentioned it in the FIRST post I made... something like "get your :popcorn: ready!"

And NO one believed me because everyone always assumes I'm mafia to begin with. So TR just vig hit me or something. And the civs got rocked.

Knights hit on toppings set us back a day or so in winning this game. We might have finished them off earlier if he hadn't done that.

Oh, BTW, Knight, you still think I'm an idiot for the way I played the cop? You talked big and bad before I came out with my role...

ELLIS DID YOU KNOW WHO I WAS AFTER I FOUND YOU OR DID I JUST KNOW WHO YOU WERE

I was T.O. I mentioned it in the FIRST post I made... something like "get your :popcorn: ready!"

And NO one believed me because everyone always assumes I'm mafia to begin with. So TR just vig hit me or something. And the civs got rocked.

Sleepy vig hit you.

He was Chas McFarland. If he vig hit a civ he got a technical foul and was killed. Which is what happened. It was the first night you couldn't protect yourself too IIRC. Your role was something like you were the angel but since you're TO and still selfish you had to protect yourself the first 4 nights. After that you couldn't protect yourself back to back. Night 5, of course, he launches a vig hit in a PM that said "KILL RIDEAC, SERIOUSLY FUCK THAT GUY".

haaaaaaaaaaa.

And then it came down to the final 3 of Nonny, CDeac, and Freekn. Nonny was Michael Vick and asked them to post their roles word for word immediately. Freekn had made up his role as Ray Lewis, and CDeac was Sidney Crosby, and Nonny voted off CDeac because there was a space before a comma in the PM.

Good times.

ELLIS DID YOU KNOW WHO I WAS AFTER I FOUND YOU OR DID I JUST KNOW WHO YOU WERE

I had no idea who you were. My email to you to vote so you weren't killed was as a friend. I never knew who you were but figured you were a civ since you weren't around. I didn;t know who anyone was.

toppings really didn't play that badly, people just needed to actually read

and he could have afforded to be a little less abrasive.

I'm confused. The other mafia had one fewer member?

Don't have time to get into this now on my phone, but Kanhoji, your anger at QT was misplaced. She outed gsterp by herself and was pretty spot on. In a game with these roles where the civs have numbers towards the end, the more info out the better.

Other than that you played a great game for your second game ever.

As I said in the signup thread, posrep heading out for all survivors when I get back.

I thought she was irrationally thinking I was mafia for way too long. I realize a lot people probably thought I was Corrino early because of Toogs, but I was thinking that was fine since he was encouraging leaving the Corrino alone. Long as I'm not getting heat, fine with me.

I don't think anyone outed gsterp by themselves. He was acting shady the whole game. I'm too tired to look it up again (I actually just woke up from falling asleep, a pitfall of having wireless computer equipment and a comfy couch) but there were several times her accusations just made no sense to me. And I still thought WFU should have been the one to go even before i debunked the Cala City claim.

I appreciate the plaudits. I really enjoyed the game.

damo -- it was hard defending you a couple times because you seemed to have a penchant for saying things that could be misconstrued and people seemed predisposed to do that. There were a couple of times I wondered if I had gotten a false reading! In the end I decided I had to trust that a Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother wouldn't be led astray. In the books, it appears she was the deceiver and not the deceived. Anyway damo, if you figured out early who or what I was, good job on not letting on to anyone. Same goes to anyone else.

The more I read about my character, the more I wondered if I was vulnerable to almost any confrontation. All the more reason to keep my head underground. I thought Alia might be looking for me, I thought I might be vulnerable to conversion to the House of Corrino as well. As involved as the game was, and I think it was a really well written and interested game, the book seemed even quite a bit more woven.

The rest of the time, the people I had confirmed as civs weren't really getting much heat, so I saw no real reason to come out early. I don't think Paul should have come out as early as he did either...at the time he came out, he really had nothing, understandable now given his description.

Historicus, nice role claim. You had me going for a while.

So was giving the Harkonnen fewer people a nod to them being the weaker house for most of Dune history? But it seems they had more ability to convert/recruit as well.

She caught gsterp's role claim when he said he was looking for the godfather's.

I actually said in dead chat that I didn't think you were mafia but it would have been a brilliant play if you were. You role claim the same role as gsterp. Then, since the other mafia is already dead or outed, you say you can verify whether someone is telling the truth. Civs trust you after you kill one of your own and you coast from there. I didn't think you did that, but thinking it was a possibility was not too unrealistic. I posted pretty much what she did in the dead chat right around the same time.

Normally when civs have such a big lead, the more info and roles that are out the better since it's more difficult for mafia to make up a legit claim.

So, confirmed civs. Who did you think was mafia, me or DaDeacs?

I was really unsure. I might have had DaDeacs a little ahead but it was always more a numbers game like Eaglez said that made me think "well maybe". I wasn't very surprised to see that the game ended with none of you being.

would have been so NASTY if Kahnjo was mafia and did like Eagles said. Civs would have been toast. When Damo said we needed to lynch the beast that very thought crossed my mind.

would have been so NASTY if Kahnjo was mafia and did like Eagles said. Civs would have been toast. When Damo said we needed to lynch the beast that very thought crossed my mind.

yep. no risk in that situation. you know all the civs and your teammates at that point, so you can just say, I investigated Da and he's not lying etc. no way he gets lynched after that and there's no way to refute his claim. people would be 100% in his corner after getting his teammate killed.

Yeah we would have been doomed. Luckily QT and him both turned out to be who they said they were. Good game. Thanks for running it mods.

yep. no risk in that situation. you know all the civs and your teammates at that point, so you can just say, I investigated Da and he's not lying etc. no way he gets lynched after that and there's no way to refute his claim. people would be 100% in his corner after getting his teammate killed.

I kind of thought about this when I was thinking about the story and wondering if the Corrino could recruit me.

That would have been amazing if they could have.

I kind of thought about this when I was thinking about the story and wondering if the Corrino could recruit me.

That would have been amazing if they could have.

Yeah, though normally it will say in your role if you can be recruited. Hope you're enjoying mafia so far. Always good to have new people play who participate.

Yeah, though normally it will say in your role if you can be recruited. Hope you're enjoying mafia so far. Always good to have new people play who participate.

Oh yeah. I'm glad this didn't go another day because tomorrow would have been like today in terms of non-availability. The 3 deadline schedule really doesn't work very well for me.

Oh and special thanks to redwing for allowing me to communicate through his email box! Not sure what I would have done...I guess would have had to wait until this evening.

Why did everyone decide to lynch me round 1? Voting for Nonny should never be cause for suspicion.

Back