• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DUNE Mafia -Game over, CIVS WIN

The mafia rarely indicate who they are going to hit at night....I would argue that your character was more important than the cop....

Given the limitations of the cop, very possibly.

Still never really felt threatened. Toogs and Knight thought I was Corrino and thought I should be spared to keep the Corrino alive. That was fine with me. The only time I got nervous was when Alia was converted, because even though it wasn't in my role description I thought she might be searching for me. I guess that kind of plot twist is rare, so now I'm now led to believe.

7erps role seemed really powerful to me. An investigation into our mafia every night? That's essentially two 'cops' looking for us.

3 counting Kanhoji. But our mafia had the added person.

I thought the balancing was good. Only quibble I had with it was allowing Kanhoji an investigation every single night. That role is insanely powerful, but well done on the whole.

3 counting Kanhoji. But our mafia had the added person.

I thought the balancing was good. Only quibble I had with it was allowing Kanhoji an investigation every single night. That role is insanely powerful, but well done on the whole.

She was pretty powerful in the story, in a bit of an under-the-radar way as well for a while. I think having 1 or 2 people looking for me -- Alia to kill, Corrino recruiter to convert (maybe after a certain day) -- would have made it more interesting. Of course, I would have known people were looking for me and might have been more inclined to seek protection. Maybe.

I would say that I think Paul should have been more powerful, but Paul was a cop after day 3, but also had the ability to convert the Sandworm and could have taken out Feyd-Rautha or Beast Rabban, though he did have the Spacing Guild looking for him.

Last edited:
I had no reason to come out. No one I had confirmed as a civ had gotten heat except Damo and I managed to steer the conversation away from him without giving myself away.

Why force people to use protection when there was no indication I needed it? let them protect other people.

I guess it would have been better to out myself early and make the mafia reluctant to use their safe claims.

I should have read further before reacting so strongly. At the time qt was pushing you, she was trying to out everyone for the very reason that caught gsterp. She is an underrated player, IMO, who tends to be a little sensitive to comments like yours.

Last edited:
Will do. I didn't mean to group you all together. I enjoy playing with quite a few of you.

I should have said, it was fun to ignite the easily excitable players (both Deacs and Terps)

No worries. Just wanted to make sure the games here didn't turn into what I met when I played here a few years back.

I think you play a good game and I was reluctant to out you despite the fact that it might have helped me. I was ironically killed by doofus who I was helping by blocking mafia 1s night moves. I thought I was safe from mafia 2.

I should have read further before reacting so strongly. At the time qt was pushing you, you was trying to out everyone for the very reason that caught gsterp. She is an underrated player, IMO, who tends to be a little sensitive to comments like yours.

Fair enough.

I'm on about 2 hours of sleep since 7:30 yesterday morning, so who knows what my issues are at this point. The last deadline when the game was ended I didn't know about until a while later because I fell asleep. If the game had gone on, I would have missed the night investigation lol.

In a related story, I'm off. Good game everyone, thanks for the invite again and redwing for facilitating my posting today in lieu of board access.

Anybody tried to go to the Terps board at all today? It seems like it's either down and I cannot get to it....

Will do. I didn't mean to group you all together. I enjoy playing with quite a few of you.

I should have said, it was fun to ignite the easily excitable players (both Deacs and Terps)

You were the governor? you suck. That power should almost never be used.

You were the governor? you suck. That power should almost never be used.

I am back at work and wanted to post some thoughts. KA did a pretty good job for his second game. Well done. QT supersleuthed gs for us which essentially handed us the game. Back up healer might be the worst role ever (unless it is a night heal). I love the fact that the role was so bad, the civs didn't even believe me.

The game was a lot of fun, thanks to redwing and SLT. The civs did a pretty solid job. We were obviously helped out by the mafia attacking each other.

The mafia played well also. WFU03 did a great job of selecting targets as Beast. The role is powerful, and yet had good restraints on the power. However, his posts made it obvious that he was mafia.

Thanks again to all. Also, in retrospect, I have no idea why I quoted that post.

Knight man I dont know if we just don't see things in the same plane, but to me you are bi or maybe even tri polar.

Thanks, Parlay, for the kind words AND for blocking night moves when you did. I was protecting Toogs when knight tried to vig hit him.

I am back at work and wanted to post some thoughts. KA did a pretty good job for his second game. Well done. QT supersleuthed gs for us which essentially handed us the game. Back up healer might be the worst role ever (unless it is a night heal). I love the fact that the role was so bad, the civs didn't even believe me.

The game was a lot of fun, thanks to redwing and SLT. The civs did a pretty solid job. We were obviously helped out by the mafia attacking each other.

The mafia played well also. WFU03 did a great job of selecting targets as Beast. The role is powerful, and yet had good restraints on the power. However, his posts made it obvious that he was mafia.

Thanks again to all. Also, in retrospect, I have no idea why I quoted that post.

Can we go back to my logical deduction on redwing's gigantic font post. How in the world was that a mafia post?

Only if you're a ginger as well. You get to join the ranks of MisterSmiley and QT as people who will always come off as mafia to me.

Can we go back to my logical deduction on redwing's gigantic font post. How in the world was that a mafia post?

Why don't you ask Northern? That post made it clear that you were mafia. I can't reveal my strategery.

Back