• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

E is for Ebola (Dallas TX)

And this is the ethnographer Africa needs:

Abramowitz.jpeg

Well, joke's on me. After reading three pages of this thread it's screamingly obvious that there's no way the "md" in tjcmd is any kind of medical degree. In fact, I'm doubting there's an undergrad in there either.

"it's me, Dr. Rosenpenis. I'm just here to check out Alan Stanwyk's file.
Receptionist: Dr. who?"

Well, I'm not predicting armageddon or anything, but it is reasonable to be concerned a little bit when people don't treat this disease with a lot of respect. It's r0 is not 0. I would appreciate it if people exposed to Ebola would stay away from your children.

ebolar0_custom-51327a6a4853632602173cc2fa7ad8339aac5630-s40-c85.jpg

More people in this country will die from the flu than from Ebola in the next 6 months.

Also, it's going to be so frustrating watching how often influenza symptoms are misdiagnosed as Ebola by all of the armchair doctors out there.

Reactions: ONW
More people in this country will die from the flu than from Ebola in the next 6 months.

Also, it's going to be so frustrating watching how often influenza symptoms are misdiagnosed as Ebola by all of the armchair doctors out there.

Spot on.

"Those of you unfamiliar with rightblogger schtick may be wondering: Isn't this fear-mongering not only irresponsible, but also dangerous to their own cause, since the authorities may very well contain the illness, which would make them look very foolish?

You have to remember that rightbloggers have a lot of chips on the table at all times, from Benghazi to Umbrellagate. If, for example, outrage over Bowe Bergdahl (remember him?) doesn't play out for them, then there's still ISIS; and if that doesn't play out, there's Obama the Tyrant, and if that doesn't, there's Obama the Weakling, etc.

They can do this all day, and if one or two stick with the voters, or at least are remembered by them as negative events, that's good enough; then the brethren can cite them as examples of Obama's reign of error, and declare his Presidency a disaster."

http://edroso.com/rightbloggers_ebola.html

Saw an awesome tweet this weekend (paraphrased):

I wonder if all the Fox News fearmongers talking about Ebola becoming airborne know that they now believe in evolution.

More Rush lunacy:

"Radio host Rush Limbaugh suggested on Monday that President Barack Obama is refusing to divert flights from Ebola-infected countries and close down America’s borders because he believes that the nation “deserves” to be infected with the virus given its history of perpetuating slavery.
Responding to a caller on his nationally syndicated radio show, Limbaugh launched into a soliloquy about so-called politically correct liberals who believe that America is responsible for the spread of Ebola in Liberia because that nation was established by freed American slaves. “And if it hadn’t been for that they probably wouldn’t have [Ebola]. So there are some people who think we kind of deserve a little bit of this,” he said, before accusing elected leaders of purposely leaving the country vulnerable to the virus.
“The danger we have now is that we elected people in positions of power and authority who think this or think like this in terms of this country being responsible, this country being to blame for things and it’s that kind of thinking that leads to opposition to shutting down airports from various countries,” Limbaugh explained, referring to the Obama administration’s handling of the crisis.
“It leads to opposition to keeping these people out of the country: ‘How dare we? We can’t turn our back on them! They exist because of us. We can’t turn them away!’” he said. "

Why do people like Sean hannity and Rush always bring up people like Farrakhan? They are literally the only people who ever mention him; he's such a non factor in political discourse. They just do it to get a rise out of their white audience scared of people of a darker complexion.

very few people listen to farrakhan. lots of voting white dudes listen to Rush. lots.

very few people listen to farrakhan. lots of voting white dudes listen to Rush. lots.

Doesn't he have the biggest audience in talk radio? This might be the king of false equivalency arguments by board conservatives.

Back