• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

EFTON ELIGIBLE!!

I thought "I can't wait to get into this team come tournament time" or whatever I said was along those lines.

I didn't say "Who cares? This means nothing to me."

I was lamenting the fact that I don't know about it and wished that I did because I loved college basketball at one time....I WANT to be able to be super excited.

I also acknowledged that it seemed like he really was excited to be at Wake and was happy, so that was good.

But whatever. You guys get this impression of people sometimes and just never let it go and react in that matter regardless of what is said. It's off-putting and I can see why so many people have disappeared from these boards over the years or stick to 1 or 2 threads while you jerks go in every thread finding someone to bitch about.

YAY EFTON! LEAD US TO A CHAMPIONSHIP!!

GO DEACS!!!

That is all.
imagine bragging about how much you don't give a shit about Wake hoops, saying you will only turn a game on if we make the tournament, and expect no one to call you out. Definition of fair weather.

Last edited:
Give me Sallis/Cam/Monsanto/Carr/Reid with Boopie coming off the bench and sploosh.
Agree with this. Just for the immediate future without Damari, I think that’s a damn good lineup. Add in Damari and we could honestly switch between Boopie and Sallis depending on matchups.

Fitting Monsanto into the lineup I think is a lot more tricky than Reid.
Understand what you're saying given the obvious hole we have at the 5, but fitting a 6'6" high volume 40% 3 point shooter (that can rebound from the wing) into the lineup is about as easy as it gets.

Just depends on matchups, but you're taking minutes from Boopie and giving Sallis and Hildreth a blow from time to time. Hildreth, especially, would benefit from taking a seat every now and then. He's had a few games where he blew his load in the first half and was on fumes by the end.

Depth is a good thing.

Yeah, I think it's actually kinda straightforward -- if our top six players play thirty minutes a game (which is meaningfully less than our top four guys have been playing so far), that's 180 minutes and leaves 20 minutes for the rest of the guys which would probably be dictated by foul trouble, matchups, etc. (I would favor Pfred and MMM unsurprisingly)

I do like that RJ Davis has to play so much since they don't have anybody good to put in the game.

Screw UNC.

I mean who are they going to play, Wojcik?

On Monsanto: Yes, I definitely agree he will help spell minutes. I don't see him as a starter off the bat, and maybe not at all this season.

Not sure we can roll out Cam/Sallis/Monsanto together for more than a few mins without stronger ball-handler/distributor against ACC teams. Miller is also the highest-usage player on the team right now by a good amount.

Think Miller has to start and Monsanto is the microwave off the bench for Cam/Sallis. If that was the most he could provide, that would still be good.

We don't know how game fit Monsanto is. And frankly coming of a second major injury, there is a chance he is not the same guy we saw last season. I don't think we should assume he will be able to pick up right where he left off.

Yes, he was, but remember an article when Hoard committed saying that CP3, AFA and Hoard were Wake’s only 5-star recruits.

Thought AFA and Ty Walker might be another, but I don’t think that Ty started right away (and not sure if Ty was a 5-star recruit based on that article).
My recollection is that Ty was like a top 5 recruit in the country - I remember being super psyched when he committed.

I used to know all the Mickey D's we have signed by heart. The list is not that long... There was an early one - Glenn Mayer, maybe? CP, Eric Williams, Rodney?, the transfer from Gtown - now Sallis, right? I am missing a few...

what's wrong with being a fair weather fan? how does it impact your life at all?what's wrong with being a fair weather fan? how does it impact your life at all?
I don't care what he does with his time. Just don't come on here bitching and moaning about "back in my day I knew every player's name, now I don't know anyone", when he's CHOOSING not to care/watch.

In these who will get the minutes discussions, I always enjoy how no one will ever get injured or be in foul trouble.

My recollection is that Ty was like a top 5 recruit in the country - I remember being super psyched when he committed.

I used to know all the Mickey D's we have signed by heart. The list is not that long... There was an early one - Glenn Mayer, maybe? CP, Eric Williams, Rodney?, the transfer from Gtown - now Sallis, right? I am missing a few...
Ty and Tony each had a 5-star rating in one place or another but neither was a consensus 5-star (top 25 in RSCI). They were like 31st and 38th if I recall correctly. Still some of our top recruits ever, but not quite in that 5-star can’t miss range. AFA was like 8th - definitely in that range.

In these who will get the minutes discussions, I always enjoy how no one will ever get injured or be in foul trouble.
Man, that would be harsh to be like "PFred is definitely blowing out his knee, so I'm only giving him 6 mpg".

Back