• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

EFTON ELIGIBLE!!

My recollection is that Ty was like a top 5 recruit in the country - I remember being super psyched when he committed.

I used to know all the Mickey D's we have signed by heart. The list is not that long... There was an early one - Glenn Mayer, maybe? CP, Eric Williams, Rodney?, the transfer from Gtown - now Sallis, right? I am missing a few...
Don't forget Loren Woods who crumbled under Timmy D's shadow but reemerged a stud at Arizona.

Efton is also 29 feet tall, once drank twenty bars out of liquor on St. Patrick's Day, and single-handedly tore down the Berlin Wall.

My recollection is that Ty was like a top 5 recruit in the country - I remember being super psyched when he committed.

I used to know all the Mickey D's we have signed by heart. The list is not that long... There was an early one - Glenn Mayer, maybe? CP, Eric Williams, Rodney?, the transfer from Gtown - now Sallis, right? I am missing a few...
Guy Morgan, Glenn Mayers, Mark Cline, Anthony Tucker, Rodney, Loren Woods, Eric Williams, Chris Paul, Al-Farouq Aminu, Hunter Sallis are the Wake basketball players who were McDonalds All-Americans.

Tucker and Sallis both transferred to Wake.

It's not hard to come up with minutes for Monsanto. Take 4 mpg from Cam, Sallis, and Boopie + 1/3 of PFred and MMM's minutes + all of Canka and Clark's minutes and that's 28 minutes.

(Note: I did total minutes not mpg)

It's not hard to come up with minutes for Monsanto. Take 4 mpg from Cam, Sallis, and Boopie + 1/3 of PFred and MMM's minutes + all of Canka and Clark's minutes and that's 28 minutes.

(Note: I did total minutes not mpg)
28 sounds high... 25 or 26 seems more in line

Yeah, the fact that Few wrote in support of Reid, when Forbes took both Sallis and Reid off of his roster, is pretty cool.
Yeah or the fact that they aren’t very good and wanted them gone to free up roster space…….i kid

Yeah or the fact that they aren’t very good and wanted them gone to free up roster space…….i kid

But they were already off his roster. He already had the scholarship space once they entered the portal.

Some of my thoughts after the game and looking at the #s:

Obviously Reid was pretty much everything we hoped for. Despite some awful three point misses, I'm still optimistic he will be a real threat from outside based on his confidence and the postgame comments from Sallis and Forbes. According to the bart box score he played 27 minutes, probably goes up to 30 if he doesn't start the game on the bench. Carr played 31, which is his season low for games not dictated by foul trouble, which I think is by design and will continue.

One thing I realize I forgot in my assessment of Carr is that he isn't a good rebounder, which is a pretty big issue if he's your 5. On the other hand, Reid had a ridiculous DR% of 43.

The nitpicks are mostly on offense -- Carr had the lowest usage rate of any game this season and I wanna say most of his shots came off offensive rebounds or out-of-bounds plays -- it felt to me like we ran the majority of PnR with Reid with Carr mostly on the perimeter. I was surprised the staff didn't stagger Carr and Reid more -- I don't have access to any of the off/on or lineup data, but I think we had a lot of Keller + Marion with both Carr and Reid on the bench.

Forbes did seem super high on Reid's offense though, so maybe it's an intentional / smart choice to feature him.

Some of my thoughts after the game and looking at the #s:

Obviously Reid was pretty much everything we hoped for. Despite some awful three point misses, I'm still optimistic he will be a real threat from outside based on his confidence and the postgame comments from Sallis and Forbes. According to the bart box score he played 27 minutes, probably goes up to 30 if he doesn't start the game on the bench. Carr played 31, which is his season low for games not dictated by foul trouble, which I think is by design and will continue.

One thing I realize I forgot in my assessment of Carr is that he isn't a good rebounder, which is a pretty big issue if he's your 5. On the other hand, Reid had a ridiculous DR% of 43.

The nitpicks are mostly on offense -- Carr had the lowest usage rate of any game this season and I wanna say most of his shots came off offensive rebounds or out-of-bounds plays -- it felt to me like we ran the majority of PnR with Reid with Carr mostly on the perimeter. I was surprised the staff didn't stagger Carr and Reid more -- I don't have access to any of the off/on or lineup data, but I think we had a lot of Keller + Marion with both Carr and Reid on the bench.

Forbes did seem super high on Reid's offense though, so maybe it's an intentional / smart choice to feature him.
Man, I guess Forbes didn't read the 247 analysis.

Back