• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

Georgia democrats getting fucked. "Data entry errors" seem suspicious

This is for Massholes -

I'm kind of surprised "No" won Q1 so bigly. It seemed to be pretty evenly split in the very statistically sound assessment I did sampling about 5 different people. Q2 seemed like a :jerkit: question "Oh by all means, form a committee!". I'm even more surprised Q3 won by the smallest margin of the questions. It's hard to believe about 1/3 of voters are basically bkf types regarding trans.

I'm pissed that Shiva fucktard got 3% of votes, I was hoping he'd get something like 3 votes total

Yeah Shiva is a douche. Although I give him credit for buying a shitload of digital ads. I think I saw an ad from him just about every time I opened my phone.

The nurse ballot question was interesting. I heard somewhere there was something like 60% support for it in the summer but then a lot of nurses started speaking out against it and it essentially flipped the support. I personally voted against it...it sounded too restrictive.

It’s looking more and more like 2008 was a missed opportunity to win hearts and minds. Democrats thought they could reform health care led by Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and solidify a broad Dem coalition behind successful legislation.

So wrong. But I don’t think they realize that. Now 10 years later, the party is fighting from behind and it is finally clear how far behind they are.

Now Democrats are going to squander the House by putting Nancy Pelosi out front again to build a Dem coalition behind investigations of a President who is unpopular yet has a fervent base who is not going to be shaken by facts.

It’s looking more and more like 2008 was a missed opportunity to win hearts and minds. Democrats thought they could reform health care led by Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and solidify a broad Dem coalition behind successful legislation.

So wrong. But I don’t think they realize that. Now 10 years later, the party is fighting from behind and it is finally clear how far behind they are.

Now Democrats are going to squander the House by putting Nancy Pelosi out front again to build a Dem coalition behind investigations of a President who is unpopular yet has a fervent base who is not going to be shaken by facts.

I thought 2008 would be the best thing to happen to race relations in this country. Thought it would motivate and inspire and lift the African American community. Instead it just pissed off a shitton of racists I didn’t realize existed back then.

I can’t wait for republican moral condemnation of Beto’s f-bomb. It’s going to be so sincere.

This. Playing right into Trump’s hands for another energized republican turnout in 2020.

When is everyone going to learn that attacking Trump only makes him stronger? They need new leadership focused on a clear agenda that has nothing to do with “anti-Trump.”

I am sure they will introduce a bunch of bills that will go nowhere. Maybe they can compromise on infrastructure?

Fuck yeah. Rohrabacher lost.

Thank you RJ.

Sooo trump knows what the house is right? I mean I knew he was going to try to spin this as a massive win but seriously the entire thing except for a few races broke about exactly like what was predicted.

Good night for Guilford County...

Racist Sheriff Barnes is out.

Anita Earls on the state supreme court

School Board: Irby picks up Cashwell's seat. Ridgell is defeated

Trudy Wade gone.

NC super majority is gone.

Budd holds on, but only because of the unconstitutionally gerrymandered map.

In NC:

Statewide voting distribution
Dem: 1,729,842 (48.9%)
Rep: 1,809,985 (51.1%)

Congressional representation
Dem: 3 (23.1%)
Rep: 10 (76.9%)

The maps should’ve been redrawn for this election.

Yes. Republicans fought it long enough in the courts for it to be unrealistic to redraw the maps before the election. The courts expected the GOP to act in good faith and redraw the districts in a fair manner. They were fooled, and the GOP is overrepresented by 3 seats for another two years. McConnell's plan to pack the courts is brilliant to give legal cover for their rigging of democracy.

Back