• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

No. White women are a huge swing demographic. In some places they swing hard left and are winning districts thought to be unwinnable. In other places, they basically magnify the votes of their husbands and fathers.

Definitely. Democrats haven't done the work to attract Latino voters. They don't realize that plenty of Latino voters could give two shits about Hondurans. They could care less about Mexicans. Many of them are shitty psuedo-Christians with just as much hate in their heart as the next conservative white guy. The Latino voters they could win need good reasons to vote.

This is what it comes down to. MDMH's #allwhitewomen stance is just dumb. Educated white women are doing the bulk of the leg work in the Democratic Party.
Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. African Americans are THE Democratic party. How the hell are you gonna split hairs about white women when mathematically they vote in damn near lock step with white men? There are no rural pockets of Democrat white women resisting Trump. You're just talking about college educated white urban and suburban women, and guess what, all the white people there are Democrats. I know you love your white suburban neighbors and all that shit, but that doesn't change the voting math, white women are conservative, and just as racist.

Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. African Americans are THE Democratic party. How the hell are you gonna split hairs about white women when mathematically they vote in damn near lock step with white men? There are no rural pockets of Democrat white women resisting Trump. You're just talking about college educated white urban and suburban women, and guess what, all the white people there are Democrats. I know you love your white suburban neighbors and all that shit, but that doesn't change the voting math, white women are conservative, and just as racist.
Drunk mdmh hates himself for being white more than sober mdmh.

Just saw some Steve King results. Thought maybe we could possible take out an avowed white nationalist. But no. America still sucks.

So how on earth are you going to advance a progressive agenda by writing off white women and a large portion of Latinos?

All other Iowa districts went blue right?

The voters in Kings district need to take a long look in the mirror tonight.

Drunk mdmh hates himself for being white more than sober mdmh.
It's not a genetic condition, dummy. My skin has never caused me to do a racism. Racism is culturally learned and encouraged. Considering where I grew up, I very likely could have become a racist, i'm just fortunate that my family and friends weren't openly racist, so that I never learned to be a racist myself.

So how on earth are you going to advance a progressive agenda by writing off white women and a large portion of Latinos?
I'm not writing them off - though I could just ask you the same about white men, as you're just accusing me of doing something you're already doing, but to a different degree. As for "how to advance a progressive agenda"? Automatic voter registration and mail in ballots would be my first step. Mathematically neutral congressional districts. Washington DC and Puerto Rican statehood. Overturning the Citizens United ruling. Passing and expanding DACA. Amnesty for undocumented immigrants.

I'm not writing them off - though I could just ask you the same about white men, as you're just accusing me of doing something you're already doing, but to a different degree. As for "how to advance a progressive agenda"? Automatic voter registration and mail in ballots would be my first step. Mathematically neutral congressional districts. Washington DC and Puerto Rican statehood. Overturning the Citizens United ruling. Passing and expanding DACA. Amnesty for undocumented immigrants.

And how are you going to advance that agenda by writing off white women and a large portion of Latinos?

Back