• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Elko DOES leave Notre Dame to take DC spot at A&M

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
Clearly, Jimbo is figuring out how to beat WFU from the inside.

Last edited:
Last night it was rumored that Dave Aranda, the LSU DC, was taking the A&M job.

So is Elko's next move a HC position or a DC position in the NFL?

Hmmm, anybody else think this is a little cheesy on the part of Elko? I realize money is important but 3rd job in 2 years?

Ummm. No. that's the life of assistants.

Or people in general. I don't think it's that unusual for someone in the top of their field to work for three different employers in three years.

Dave Aranda was already the highest paid coordinator in the country at $1.8M. Perhaps A&M couldn't afford what it would take to get him away from LSU.

Elko's moves are good for Clawson. Makes for a nice pitch to prospective coaches. "Now Wake can't pay you $2 million, but if you do a good job here, someone will."

Hmmm, anybody else think this is a little cheesy on the part of Elko? I realize money is important but 3rd job in 2 years?

lol, nope! These hoes ain't loyal. You need to make it while you can make it. A bad year at ND next year and he could be on his ass looking for a job. Also, I think A&M is paying him stupid money to leave ND (where he was making at least $1MM I believe).

Don't forget that your Wake Forest Demon Deacons will be the first road game for ND's new DC on September 22, 2018.

I know Payton Wilsons mom (one of the nation's top LBs who verbaled to UNC before committing to State). She said Elko was amazing and one of the main reasons her son liked Wake. That was a little bittersweet.

Brian Kelly always strikes me as an asshole. Maybe not the same level of doucheness as Harbaugh or Franklin, but close. I would probably rather work for and with Jimbo, than Kelly.

Good for Elko. Probably good for us as well. We won't see him much at A&M, and the ND coordinator will likely be a step down from Elko's prowess.

Brian Kelly always strikes me as an asshole. Maybe not the same level of doucheness as Harbaugh or Franklin, but close. I would probably rather work for and with Jimbo, than Kelly.

My thoughts as well. I'm sure Kelly was barrels of fun to be around the week after their game at Miami.

Back