• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Elko DOES leave Notre Dame to take DC spot at A&M

Or people in general. I don't think it's that unusual for someone in the top of their field to work for three different employers in three years.

Dave Aranda was already the highest paid coordinator in the country at $1.8M. Perhaps A&M couldn't afford what it would take to get him away from LSU.

Elko's moves are good for Clawson. Makes for a nice pitch to prospective coaches. "Now Wake can't pay you $2 million, but if you do a good job here, someone will."

And Clawson has a lot of job security, so the coordinator knows he has some time to get the players in and comfortable with his system.. A losing season or 2 won't mean he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by WFU1977 View Post
Brian Kelly always strikes me as an asshole. Maybe not the same level of doucheness as Harbaugh or Franklin, but close. I would probably rather work for and with Jimbo, than Kelly.

I can confirm this.

I like Franklin. Especially since he gave former Deac Josh Gattis a shot to be an assistant at a P5 at Vandy and took him along to Penn St.

But have always disliked Jimbo, Brian Kelly, Petrino and Harbaugh. Feel like those guys throw their players under the bus more than most.

Last edited:
Elko DOES leave Notre Dame to take DC sport at A&M

Damn. TAMU is going all out. Elko is gonna get paid 1.8mil a year. I would’ve left too (plus Texas has no state taxes)

Crazy to think that a guy who was at Wake two years ago is now one of the highest paid assistants in college football

He is now making the same as Clawson unless Ron has recently upped the ante

I like Franklin. Especially since he gave former Deac Josh Gattis a shot to be an assistant at a P5 at Vandy and took him along to Penn St.

But have always disliked Jimbo, Brian Kelly, Petrino and Harbaugh. Feel like those guys throw their players under the bus more than most.

Franklin is always angry. During his interview at halftime in the bowl game, he came across as an ass. Happy he hired Josh as well but the guy is a prick

After '11, Jimbo respected us. He would talk about how tough our defense was. His players would mail it in anyway.

Franklin is always angry. During his interview at halftime in the bowl game, he came across as an ass. Happy he hired Josh as well but the guy is a prick

LOL. He’s definitely not “always angry.”

LOL. He’s definitely not “always angry.”

franklin2-e1421780507989.jpg

Hmmm, anybody else think this is a little cheesy on the part of Elko? I realize money is important but 3rd job in 2 years?

No, not cheesy at all. This is top money at a top program. The only thing left now is the HC at one of these schools.

Franklin's players love him. Don't know how he comes across as angry but he is a top notch coach. Each of the last 2 years he has been about 1 play away from the CFP.

Coaches salaries are getting crazier every year. Take some of the money they are making and use it as a stipend for the players

Coaches salaries are getting crazier every year. Take some of the money they are making and use it as a stipend for the players

Nah that would ruin the beautiful amateurism of the current system.

Back