• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Elko DOES leave Notre Dame to take DC spot at A&M

Also, athletes receive NCAA-mandated wads of cash all the time; they get to travel to cool places, and don't have to worry about housing or food for four or five years. They may not be compensated equivalently to how much money they make the school, but it's a pretty good deal for the kids. It's also pretty fun to be an athlete.

I agree with your overall point here.

But I'd love to know when my NCAA mandated Wads of cash were when I was in school. By "Wads" are you referring to the 15$ per diem per game? Or the scholarship check for food and housing, but if you bought a meal plan, and lived in Crowne Park, Polo, or Oaks with 2 roommates, you had a little less than $3.00 per day left over.

Just hope we can keep are current group in tact for a few more years

We have 2 of the best offensive minds on Coach Clawson's staff in Kevin Higgins as WR's coach & Warren Ruggiero as OC. I just hope we can keep them for a few more years as this offense really takes off next year and recruits see the fruits of their labors and come clamoring to WFU! It might not mean anything as far as the number of *****'s for each recruit, we just want exactly who Coach Clawson and his guys want. They will mold them into great football players and young men.

But I'd love to know when my NCAA mandated Wads of cash were when I was in school. By "Wads" are you referring to the 15$ per diem per game? Or the scholarship check for food and housing, but if you bought a meal plan, and lived in Crowne Park, Polo, or Oaks with 2 roommates, you had a little less than $3.00 per day left over.

Didn't the NCAA allow for $4K in cash to players a couple years ago(after you graduated)?

Didn't the NCAA allow for $4K in cash to players a couple years ago(after you graduated)?

Exactly - I would think the total cost of attendance changes in the last few years made a good bit of difference. And, it is not $4k, necessarily - every school gets to determine what the total cost of attendance is, taking into consideration all sorts of cost of living data for the location, etc. I understand there is a significant difference from school to school.

Surprised that's all that was left. Sucks, if that was the case. When I did the math back before junior year, I remember it being way cheaper to live off campus in a 3 BR at Crowne Park and just buy food off campus (being moderately frugal) than standard WFU room/board/meal plan.

Also, when I was there, athletes all automatically had the unlimited meal plan, but maybe that was just the ones living on campus? Was always funny seeing the OL dudes show up with three Chick Fil A sandwiches/fries at Benson, and the cashier just swipe their Deacon Card three times for three meals.

Back