• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

EMERGENCY BACK UP Wake Forest vs #8 Louisville game thread

I said he played OK tonight. But he gets stuffed an inordinate amount of times, especially for a big man. He is not good around the rim and hasn't shown a penchant for anything beyond the 3 in conference play. Forgive me for not slobbering on that hairy Greek knob. Unfortunately we don't have anybody better at the 4 this year.

The problem with your statement is that he has taken less threes than in any year. His rebounding is up as is his D. During our stretch run he's average 8.4ppg/9 rpg.

he's been very solid.

Dinos is my favorite Deac.
He has improved each year.
It appears the team feeds off his effort.

I said the physical play affected him.
He was pushed and grabbed several times when he wasn't even near the ball. I think he expected some whistles when banged.

The problem with your statement is that he has taken less threes than in any year. His rebounding is up as is his D. During our stretch run he's average 8.4ppg/9 rpg.

he's been very solid.

His TOs have also been up, and his FG% has been down and his points have been down. I'm not arguing whether or not he contributes...of course he does. I'm just saying he's soft, doesn't go up strong, gets blocked a lot, loses the ball a lot, and plays crappy D.

His excellent blocking out on D has helped us get a lot of fast breaks started and made it easier for JC to get boards.

I said he played OK tonight. But he gets stuffed an inordinate amount of times, especially for a big man. He is not good around the rim and hasn't shown a penchant for anything beyond the 3 in conference play. Forgive me for not slobbering on that hairy Greek knob. Unfortunately we don't have anybody better at the 4 this year.

Darius Songaila ain't walking through that door any time soon.

Neither is Rogers, King, Green, Johnson, Aminu, Owens or Scooter Banks.

Danny needs to recruit another 6'8/235 PF who can play. Desperately needed alongside Collins this year.

The Dinos hate is ridiculous. He's unquestionably stronger and a better rebounder this year. Is he great around the bucket? Absolutely not. Better? Yes. He also gives us things that most 6'10" players don't including three point shooting.

I can't recall if it was against Virginia Tech last week or BC this week, but Dinos helped on the offensive glass by tapping rebounds out to our guards on the perimeter. Dinos is not a great player, but to suggest that he brings little to the table is just plain dumb.

Last edited:
The Dinos hate is ridiculous. He's unquestionably stronger and a better rebounder this year. Is he great around the bucket? Absolutely not. Better? Yes. He also gives us things that most 6'10" players don't including three point shooting.

I can't recall if it was against Virginia Tech last week or BC this week, but Dinos helped on the offensive glass by tapping rebounds out to our guards on the perimeter. Dino's not a great player, but to suggest that he brings little to the table is just plain dumb.

Agree with this

Dinos has improved a great deal, especially on the defensive end. He also costs Wake 1-2 baskets per game due to his inability to finish around the rim.

Both of those statements are true. On the whole, he helps more than he hurts. But it would be nice if he could hit the bunnies he is given.

He had an OK game today. Just general commentary throughout the season. Zero confidence in his ability to do anything around the rim.

Generally, I agree with you. It's just that today wasn't the day to make that comment.

A lot of reasons that WF lost, but targeting Dinos is misplaced.

Couldn't love him more and he is the primary reason for WF's resurgence, but JC was outplayed on both ends of the Court last night by Zach Leday. Yes, the reffs could've called more contact; yes, some of the entry passes were late or a little off, but Collins was not as active trying to get open, and Leday consistently beat JC to spots on the floor. Also, when VT had a rare miss in the 2nd half, Leday got key rebounds and put backs. Leday kept getting JC to bite on ball fakes and take the ball to the basket. Leday was able to push JC just outside of his comfort zone when JC got the ball. Leday is 22; JC is 19. Collins played the day before. Leday was rested. Leday won the matchup, and that made a huge difference. JC can laugh about it when he pulls in NBA scratch while Leday is looking for deals in Turkey and Bulgaria, but last night, Zach Leday outplayed JC.

Back